Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a lot recently about the airbox mod, but i have one question that i dont think has been brought up yet.. i was wondering if doing this simple mod will do anything with the CEL? i know that it wont do any damage to the engine but if the CEL goes on thats rather annoying to have to look at all the time. Anyone know?

·
Registered
233 Posts
as long as you plug the green plug back in and you shouldnt get a cel. I did the airbox mod 4000km ago and still no code.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as long as you plug the green plug back in and you shouldnt get a cel. I did the airbox mod 4000km ago and still no code.
[/b]

ok cool i will make sure and do that. thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
How exactly do you do the air box mod?

·
Registered
703 Posts
has anybody removed the part thats in the fender well?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's call resonator, and yes, you can remove it too.
[/b]
is there a purpose to removing the resonator?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I imagine it increases airflo and noise slightly, but otherwise, it's mainly to make installing a CAI easier in the longrun. And since you're already there, u might as well go all the way and do it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
is there a purpose to removing the resonator?
[/b]
removing the resonator gives the biggest benefit in terms of sound.

·
Registered
703 Posts
thats right. It is the resonator. I havent looked into it for awhile. It's been a year since I did mine. Removing the resonator along with gutting the air box, the intake is louder than my resless magnaflow exhaust.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is taking out the resonator difficult to do? i havent really searched at all on how to take it out but i would think that during the time i am doing the airbox mod would be a good time to do it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Its easier with the bumshould be able to get to it by just taking off the wheel and the liner.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does anybody know of a write up that includes how to take out the resonator? Everyone says its as easy as taking off the wheel and loosening three bolts, but I don't even know what the resonator looks like...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anybody know of a write up that includes how to take out the resonator? Everyone says its as easy as taking off the wheel and loosening three bolts, but I don't even know what the resonator looks like...
[/b]
good call i dont either... i am hoping that one of my buddies whose going to help me with the airbox mod will be able to figure it out. from what i hear, you just take off the wheel and then take off the fender well and it is right behind there.... but i guess i dont really know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I seem to recall that the MS6 airbox does not have a VAD flapper, therefore no green plug.
[/b]
So where are the instruction to do this air box mod? are they athe same ones found here

http://www.amity.org/~data/m6airboxmod/index.html?

Im confused

Am I just pulling out the Tube and Tray and thats it...what about all that wheel well stuff people are talkng about. This mod seems complex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts