Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do the air box mod but I can find the instructions- I searched Mazda 6Club and 6tech but couldnt find them- could someone post a link

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude! Thanx!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Better (deeper, more gruff) sound. Freer reving engine. Not sure on actual power gains (minor), but it made my driving alot more fun.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Actually, there's a dyno which shows that significant gains could be had with the airbox mod alone.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=54105

There seems to be some debate over these dyno runs .... not sure why that might be? Maybe that this result disagrees with previous dyno runs, which did NOT shows significant gains with the airbox mode. Note that the car which showed gains was a 2005... There's a theory kicking around that Mazda has made some changes to the ECU tuning over the model years, so YMMV. (hence, the reason why the CP-E seems to be more effective for older versions of the car).

Of course, I could be full of it. The good thing about the airbox is is that it's for free, and it's reversible (unless you screw someting up).

·
Registered
122 Posts
i actually did this *mod* this morning since i had the day off and didnt know what else to do. Not ganna come in and say i did it for the performance cause well, we all know that you can battle back and forth whether you gain power or loose power but whatever.

I must say that it adds a nice little pitch to the motor thats not too loud so it doesnt effect you when you just want a nice quiet ride. whoever did the write, thanks a bunch, made it really simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts