Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the mod this morning to my 04' 6 sport, took me about 10 minutes. I drove around a little bit doing some errands and I gotta say this is a sick mod. Free and very fast and easy to do. Love the new sound and I don't know if it's the placebo effect or something, but the response seems to be better.

If your thinking about doing it, DO IT.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
that was my 1st mod i did like 4 years ago. i ran that up untill last week when i finally got a real intake. in all truth, going from stock to a gutted intake box had more of a gain, then the gutted airbox, to a real cold air intake. lol. plus the gutted airbox never threw a CEL. but my new intake did. lol.

so yea, def worth the work to do.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea this was my first mod (if you dont include putting subs in the back). I'll probably do the smoked side markers next and then upgrade to two 12's or two 15's behind the back seats in infinite baffle.

plus the gutted airbox never threw a CEL. but my new intake did. lol.
Which CIA did you get? I will get one probably around Christmas time and I'm not sure if I want to try a Fujita and see if it doesn't throw a CEL or just go straight to the CPE w/ MAFci which won't throw a CEL.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. Have you noticed any improvements in performance? Some one should do a comparison between that and a better brand and see how much of a difference, or if there is a difference.

And is there any difference between a CIA for the 6i and 6s? noticed the link you have says for 6i.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
yea, im a 2.3. i think the intakes are different. but the airbox's are the same between the i and s, hence why i mentioned my experiences with the gutted air box. there is def an increase above the gutted airbox going to a real CAI. but if your in no rush like i was to mod, then the gutted airbox is a great 1st step till you have the money to get a real cai.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
yup. i was gonna go and buy a K&N filter for it. but the piping is 2 3/4, and i couldnt find a K&N with that size intake. so im just dealing with the one that came in the kit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
arent all the piping the same shit? hahah seriously...CPE is charging $500 wtf r they on crack? lol injen, aem, k&n...all of them like $250-300 and I think piping is the all the same...make ur own piping and then buy a filter from a name brand company and save urself some money lol

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
arent all the piping the same shit? hahah seriously...CPE is charging $500 wtf r they on crack? lol injen, aem, k&n...all of them like $250-300 and I think piping is the all the same...make ur own piping and then buy a filter from a name brand company and save urself some money lol
Well the MAFci sensor is like $250 by itself (so you don't have a CEL) so technically the CP-e is the same price as all of the other CIA. Remember it's the CP-e CIA + MAFci for $500+ and there is an Injen CIA + MAFci for like the same price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
get the fujita and call it a day, no CEL (knock on wood) - got mine for $50

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you see the picture in the post.... cause I don't, and would like to do this mod !!!
I did it without the pictures. Just write down or print out the instructions, it's real easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i got a problem =[. i did the mod and for a couple of hours everything was fine. went back out to the car and i got check engine light, did i do something wrong? haha im gonna go and put the box back together and maybe go straight to the aftermarket intake after

1 - 20 of 47 Posts