Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the airbox mod a 2 months ago and the after a while the check engine light came on and I thought it was the airbox mod but the dealer said it was the "evap leak" code. Then they turned it off. A few weeks later it came on again and the dealer said it was the same and turned it off. Now its on again and the dealer is ordering a new gas cap.

But I'm curious to know if the modification to the airbox could have anything to do with the CEL light being triggered? Should I just put the airbox mod all back? Is there any relation to the 2?

The CEL light didnt start coming on till I did the airbox mod so....

·
Registered
845 Posts
Im feeling its the mod just put your car back together stock b4 returning to the dealer. If the light comes on again then bitch at the dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
um, why would you second guess your dealer!? If thats what they say the CEL is. more likely than not they are right! If you are worried about your airbox mod (that many of us have had for some time with no problems) then put it back to stock and sleep better at night! sheesh :nana: :laugh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
um, why would you second guess your dealer!? If thats what they say the CEL is. more likely than not they are right! If you are worried about your airbox mod (that many of us have had for some time with no problems) then put it back to stock and sleep better at night! sheesh :nana: :laugh:
[/b]

It's not that I'm second guessing the dealer. I just didnt tell them that I did a mod the airbox. I did some researching and some people said that because the airbox mod it could have allowed more air into the mixture making the system thing that there is a leak. That why I'm thinking it could be the airbox mod.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same issue .. nothing serious .. doesnt affect the car at all ...
[/b]
Well did you put everything back? Or are you driving with the CEL light on?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well did you put everything back? Or are you driving with the CEL light on?
[/b]
I am driving with the CEL light on ... read my other thread for more details ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts