Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancées car is a 2010 Mazda 6 with a 2.5 (I believe). I had recently changed both Intake Manifold Control valves (part# LF1518741 + LF8218741). It seemed to fix her idling issues and check engine light.
The last light on her dash was the airbag light, so I took out the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it and this morning every light on the dash is on, has no Speedometer, Idles very high, accelerates very slowly and shifts aggressively. Has anyone had this issue or could lead me in the right direction. Im thinking a vacuum hose popped off somewhere.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
343 Posts
The fact that the fuse was blown could indicate that there was a short circuit situation that led to this. Replacing the fuse may have exacerbated the problem and caused other issues. But let's not go there just yet. I'm currently at work with no access to my shop manuals, but I'll jump back on in the morning after I've consulted them.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
343 Posts
My fiancées car is a 2010 Mazda 6 with a 2.5 (I believe). I had recently changed both Intake Manifold Control valves (part# LF1518741 + LF8218741). It seemed to fix her idling issues and check engine light.
The last light on her dash was the airbag light, so I took out the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it and this morning every light on the dash is on, has no Speedometer, Idles very high, accelerates very slowly and shifts aggressively. Has anyone had this issue or could lead me in the right direction. Im thinking a vacuum hose popped off somewhere.
Okay, sorry for the delay in answering. Earlier I was at work looking at the board on my phone and now that I'm home and looking at your question on my laptop I can actually see what is going on. Disregard what I said about the fuse above.

Based on what it actually takes to get to the valves, I would say that it is indeed possible that you either mixed up some hoses or one might have not been put on correctly and is leaking. Or you may have mixed up some of those electrical connectors. Go back through and trace your steps and see if anything is amiss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts