Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm been searching for an answer to my first <dumb> qustion, but since I can't find it, I'll make my first post.

I ripped out my stock air box in my '04 6i and replaced it with a relatively cheap 3rd party unit with a K&N cone type filter. Happy with it overall, but unfortunately I've got a CEL 90% of the time after several weeks of driving. I purchased a Actron CP9125 ODBII reader to make sure what code was being thrown, but for the life of me I can't find the data link port that it should be plugged into to actually do the reading. (I did find it fine on my 2001 Honda, so I think I know what it looks like). Anyway, where is the port to plug the reader into? Is the CAN port / protocol something different that I need to be looking for?

A secondary question... if the code does in fact indicate a air / lean mix issue, what are my options if I don't want to put up with the CEL being on all the time? (revert to stock, different unit, reprogram the computer, etc)???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
If you look under your steering wheel column, to your right, above the gas pedal, it's floating right around that area.

I'm assuming your reader is CAN compatible.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
A secondary question... if the code does in fact indicate a air / lean mix issue, what are my options if I don't want to put up with the CEL being on all the time? (revert to stock, different unit, reprogram the computer, etc)???
[/b]
most CAI will throw CEL for the 6 except CPE

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Sure enough, I looked under the steering column a second time and found the port right away. I'm getting P2177 and P2187 codes, so it looks like it's comfirmed a CAI issue. I don't really feel like spending $500 for a new CAI, but I guess that is my only good option.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts