Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone noticed or thinks that the horn for the 6 is kinda weak? Or anyone with the factory alarm system think the siren is also weak? Has anyone performed a alarm system upgrade or installed a air horn on their 6? I was thinking about adding an extra siren to my existing one and also adding some hella air horns or something that has kick when I hit the horn.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Air Horns, Alarm Siren

Man you have not heard other Japanese car horn then. They are wimpy. I much prefer Mazda/Ford horn on my Mazda 6 right now. It has such a nice tone/sound to it. It is quite loud for this kind of car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Actually my CRX's horn is much louder than my 6 now. hehehe, go figure.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Yeah the Honda may sound louder because of their high pitch sound but it sound Mickey Mouse. I always hated the Honda horn. A real horn should be like the air horn from a boat or a semi. :) Those high pitch one may sound loud when you are sitting still and beside it. But when you are barrelling down the highway at 100km/h +, good luck on getting someone to notice the horn.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I had a great uncle who was fascinated with locomotives. He drove a great big caddilac and had horns installed that most of the big deisel locomotives use. My parents got the car when he passed away 10 years ago and I still love it when I get to drive the car! Those f***ing things part traffic! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

anyone know where I can pick up air horns and a alarm siren cheap?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Air Horns, Alarm Siren'

Originally posted by mikey101

anyone know where I can pick up air horns and a alarm siren cheap?[/b]
Pep Boys.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

That would be nice to blow a loud a$$ train horn at slow driving people in the fast lane. Sign me up...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It would be even nicer to blow out someone's eardrum for jaywalking in front of you, hehehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts