Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so i'll be purchasing my Aem uego wideband soon, and i just wanted to ask some questions. For the duratec that we have in our cars, what sould the air fuel ratio be at when forced induced? If the car is ran without tuning for the time being at about 5-7lbs of boost, what kind of air fuel ratio should i be seeing, and what should be tolerated? I've never had previous experience with the duratec 30. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
It would be the same as any other car

10 is extremly rich and 17 is extremly lean.

What cars have you worked with before?

Also why would the car be run without tuning? I thought you had that all set. I understand you had to order some parts or something? What was the tuning option?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tuning is not all set yet, as the car isn't fully running yet, still waiting for some stuff. by tuning being done, i mean a turbo on the car, and the ecu TUNED to a TURBOCHARGED car. how could i tune the car if the kit isn't fully mounted yet. but anyway, i was just curious, because i'm not the tuner. i'm not great at tuning at all. i realize that 10 is rich, and 17 lean, but i what i wanted to know was what the factory MAzda 6s air fuel ratio is? i've worked with 350z's mostly, my specialty. mazda rx-7, bmw m3, toyota supra, nissan 300zx, all turbocharged.

i actually own a 350z, 03, superblack. aps twin turbocharged, hks standalone, aam 3" turbo back exhaust, extreme fuel return system, engine forged EVERYTHING, etc etc. making 500+whp and torque at 10 -12 psi

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
but for the most part, any blown car should be low 11's to mid 12's for the most part. given some newer designs (like the DISI system) allow for other things, FI A/F has a general rule of thumb.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Thats awesome to hear and I understand that your kit isn't done. Thats why I mentioned it above. I know your waiting on parts. I mis-understood what specifically you were asking for. If you look around on 6tech, there is a dyno and PDF of the stock fuel trim up to 6k i believe. It will give you a rough estimate of what a typical 6s does. My wideband currently floats between 12.9 and 16.5 through all RPM ranges. I did however adjust this number using the CP-E software.

Do you know what you are using to tune the fuel trims for your application?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts