Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing a peculiar noise whenever I turn on my ac or heater. it is a low whistling noise that nearly sounds like a cricket is stuck behind my glove box. It only goes away when I turn the fan to 0, although putting the fan to a higher speed does not change the noise pitch. Has anyone else had this problem, the vehicle is an 08 2.3 with 42,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
QUOTE (Jezza456 @ Feb 16 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637398
I have been hearing a peculiar noise whenever I turn on my ac or heater. it is a low whistling noise that nearly sounds like a cricket is stuck behind my glove box. It only goes away when I turn the fan to 0, although putting the fan to a higher speed does not change the noise pitch. Has anyone else had this problem, the vehicle is an 08 2.3 with 42,000 miles.[/b]
Have you changed the cabin air filter lately? Or maybe you got a leaf stuck in the blower and is causing the weird noise. That's what happen to me....a couple of small dried tree leaves got stuck in the blower fan. I had to remove the blower motor from the bottom of the passenger foot well to get the leaves out....only 3 screws hold the blower motor. Easy job. :drive:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Is the noise behind the glove box or underneath it? Maybe it's the blower fan?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I guess I have to go to the dealer for a fan replacement and hope they don't give me the song and dance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts