Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this product on MotorWeek on PBS a couple months back and thought it seemed like a nice time saver. At least for me, I'm spending double the time drying my car compared to washing. Plus, it seems that drying with towels is just another way for the paint to get scratched. And there are always parts that keep dripping after drying my car (not that big of a deal for me; I'm not that picky, just an observation).

Now, I don't think I could justify paying a couple hundred bucks for this, but the concept seems interesting.

Here's the product description from their website:

The "Air Force Blaster" provides a super high velocity, mildly heated air column that cuts drying time by approximately 75%. A variety of different sized interchangeable tips allow control of the air velocity for large expansive area like tour trunks and saddlebags, to tight nooks and crannies and "rust magnets" like the heads of Allen head bolts. A long flexible hose, and super tough insulated cord provide ample mobility to maneuver around the bike. This high tech blower keeps washing and drying your ride from being an all afternoon ordeal.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Several people on this forum have mentioned they use a leaf blower to get most of the water off their cars, but I believe all of them finish drying with some type of cloth. I have never seen an air-dry system that doesn't leave at least a few water spots/streaks.

Personally, I use a natural chamois and have never had swirls or scratches. The trick is to keep it clean and make sure the car itself is clean.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Several people on this forum have mentioned they use a leaf blower to get most of the water off their cars, but I believe all of them finish drying with some type of cloth. I have never seen an air-dry system that doesn't leave at least a few water spots/streaks.

Personally, I use a natural chamois and have never had swirls or scratches. The trick is to keep it clean and make sure the car itself is clean.
[/b]
ya this wont get your car completely dry, just get some nice towels and take care of them properly and you wont get that many swirls.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I feel like it I use the leaf blower, then the air compressor to get all the cracks, then an Absorber...

But most of the time I just use a Claifornia Waterblade and an Absorber...

Absorber FTW! I have like 4 of them... :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
California Waterblade FTW...that thing's awesome! Then I use the Ultimate Drying Towel to get the rest.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a compressor to dry off my vehicles, but the leafblower has been doing a great job. Havent dried it with a towel yet, but other than to wax or a nice detail job. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts