Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the complete air box mod the other day on my 2005 Mazda 6s MTX. All went well for a while then the CEL came on. It goes on and off every once in a while now but has remained on for some time. Also, (this happened twice) the car starts bucking violently and won't hold the RPM's constant even without giving it gas. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
have you tried putting all the bits back in to see if rectifies the problem? it might be something other than the mod causing the cel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue happen to a members car here in TO, it was because a vacuum hose was not connected.
[/b]
Thanks alot. I was wondering if you could tell me where this vacuum hose is on the car (or someone else said a wiring harness may be loose). I would like to see if this is the problem before I take the car in. Also, if I do ending up taking the car in, do you think I should undo the air box mod? Mazda is notorious for giving people hard times about mods. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
posted the same issue with a clean install... never came back after resetting the ecu...
although the code shouldve been pulled prior to reset...
attributed mine also to possible bad gas...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
look for anything you unplugged when you did the airbox mod. did you block the one vacuum line with a screw like in the directions? i wonder what that would cause if that wasnt blocked.

·
Registered
247 Posts
well if it isn't the screw you should be checking some other connections that you might want to dis- and re-connect just to make sure ... on the right of the air box is the IAT sensor (the green plug) take that off and reconnect it ... then the maf sensor itself which is the black wide plug on top of the beginning of the intake pipe from the side of the airbox ... squeeze, dis- and reconnect again ... check that the box top cover itself is sitting flush into the space that it should be sitting on ... also check that the box is again sitting flush into the three nipples that it should be sitting on ... i remember that i once got the cel because the down pipe from the air box wasn't perfectly matched into the downpipe of the resonator right below it .... and finally justto be safe try dis- and reconnecting the hose that sits to the left bottom of the airbox when looking down at it ... the hose should be connected to a small nipple that protrudes up ... that should take care of it as far as i know ... let us know what happens

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
crzygosu87
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing