Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im putting in new speaks today. And the driver side was a flash 3 easy bolts, and pop the rest of of the stuff out

but the passenger side
there is 2 easy bolts and popping everything out and one hiding ONE!! its under the foam i believe but how do i remove that!!! its in the middle of the whole door panel. the only thing holding it up is the friggin screw. And yes the tweater is removed.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i haven't removed the passanger door panel on my 06 but, did you check for a screw behind the light in the lower corner and then lift up on the panel?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
?? ok if u say so

someone help me out. my camera is being gay so i cant take pictures. But if your looking at the door im trying to totally remove the cheap cloth/foam right under where the littler hand bar is. The bar that runs from up to down that is about 8 inches long for people to grasp it if the feel the need i guess. But do i try to take out the foam under that. Some one please help...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
?? ok if u say so
someone help me out. my camera is being gay so i cant take pictures. But if your looking at the door im trying to totally remove the cheap cloth/foam right under where the littler hand bar is. The bar that runs from up to down that is about 8 inches long for people to grasp it if the feel the need i guess. But do i try to take out the foam under that. Some one please help...
[/b]
I assume you're talking about the grab bar for the passenger to close the door? The driver's door is the only one that doesn't have this handle. The two rear doors have this handle as well. If so, there are two big screws/bolts under the painted, hard plastic cover of that handle, one each at the top and bottom. You have to carefully pry off the hard cover to get to the two big screws/bolts.

I wrote up a short explanation here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=59450

It's for the rear doors, but the process is identical for the front passenger door except for two additional details, the screw in the courtesy light, and the tweeter assembly (which I believe you've already removed).

Make note of the clips. If the bend or chunks break off they will rattle when reinstalled. Get some new replacements just in case. They're only a dollar or so each.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i finally did it. I jus thad a buddy keep the door pried open while i unscewed. Took about an hour and a half of trying differnt shit. Finally got it. God dam. Speakers are nice though :)

frickin a ok i know wat to do next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts