Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Guy hates Mazda! He's always complained at Mazda, no matter what he tests.He's name is Robert Collin.

I remember once when he complained that the Miatas trunk was much to small, and that you could'nt even get two travelcases in the trunk!? What kind of comment is that to a roadster.. who cares , the car is'nt built to load with stuff in the trunk, the miata is a "drivers car".

Now this week he wrote the following in the swedish "toilet paper magasine":
The copy of the year!
Mazda 6 is celebrated in the carpress. Sure the car is a giant leap for tired Mazda, but 6 is no more than a Ford Mondeo. Shape, handling and size, it's all there. But the Mondeo came for a couple of years ago...

that's a load of crap, earlier he's written that mazda don't work in the winter, that it cant keep the heat up in the car, and when he tested the car's road handling, he thought it sucked. He gave all other cars points from one to five "+" ... but he gave Mazda a "-" although it was'nt in the scale, to point out how "sucky" Mazda is. He has also wrote that "Now that Ford has built most of the car, why could'nt they use Ford's heating system too" ... I don't think Ford has built most of the Car, so he really does'nt know what he's talking about. Volvo ALWAYS wins he's comparisations, is he bribed?
All in Swedens biggest evening paper. www.aftonbladet.se
:punch

·
Registered
354 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Aftonbladet - Swedish Newspaper'

S**** him! He is probably in love with that garbage-car Passat! I don`t understand why he works in a known neewspaper like Aftonbladet! I think the heating system is good, at least good enough for me and my family!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The bad thing about this is that he is absolutly right about the heating - it doesn't work as well as it could do.
About the Mondeo - it's not visualy identical, they don't have anything designwise in common. And the size - isn't that the point of a car class - that they should have the same size?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Afaik the 6 is a 100% Mazda production. Only the V6, that is not available here in Germany, is a Ford/Duratec?!? So this guy is talking kinda crappy stuff to me...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Robert Collin is a piece of s*it. You can tell only by looking at him...babyface-style...

The media has great power, and when you put it in the wrong hands...

Perhaps we should make a banner for this site... "Robert Collin is an ass*ole"?

:D

I agree about the heating, but the rest of what you describe (I haven't read it myself) is utterly childish and uninsightful.

There are NO parts in the Mazda built by Ford, whatsoever. Only the engine block for the V6 is built by Ford, and the V6 isn't even sold in Sweden...

God, I miss Christer Glenning, the old car reporter that died a few years back. He knew what he was talking about. I also miss "mr Trafikmagasinet", Pernstad, but not as much...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yeah I miss those people also. The only decent people left is Staffan Borglund and the other guy who is the program leader of Motorjournalen. Joppe Pilgren is quite good as well. Not that he is serius or something, but he's not an asshole :D

Remember when he tested an Huyndai Atos. He said that the spare parts where very cheap. Then he kicked one of the turn signals of the car, picked up the plastic part and said "30 crowns! A new glass costs 30 crowns!" :D

No the best reporterpeople I know of is Tiff Nidell and that other guy with the big hair. They test cars for brittish Top Gear and they are totaly insane. Tiff N drove a 911 Turbo on some strange alpine track and the car actually lifts of the ground! Search the web and you'll brobably find movies from the show . They are seriusly crazy! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts

Robert Collin is one of the worst motor journalists ever in Sweden, he have produced so much crap in Aftonbladet that I don't care what he writes anymore.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ohh I forgot to say that I think Trafikmagasinet sucks. I hope they remove Trix i Trafik or whatever it's called. It was so stupid I alsmost changed channel last time I saw it...

And they so called reports from Car shows. There are new Ferraris, Porsches, Laborhginis. But what do they show? The all new Elantra or a face-lifted Corsa. If they manage to get som cool cars on tape they have this artistic photoguy who likes to zoom into stuff... You never get an idea about who the whole car looks like, but you sceen the brake calipers, the rims, the steering wheel and an air intake somewhear on the car (you'll not really sure where, but it looked like a hole in the body at least...)

Grr!

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

God, I miss Christer Glenning, the old car reporter that died a few years back. He knew what he was talking about. I also miss "mr Trafikmagasinet", Pernstad, but not as much...[/b]
Glenning was very good, he were quite fair in his testing and didn't have preconceived notion about everything.
Motorjournalen and Teknikens värld is the best substitute in my opinion.

·
Registered
350 Posts

By the way, I have mailed Robert a couple of times and never got an answer.

Now I've sent him two mails about the Mondeo thing and some german tests, I don't think he's gonna answer...

It's the only journalist I've mailed whithout getting a respond.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hahah *post whore mode enganged* Wasn't it Collin who "Crached" a Santa Fe? It said things like "Robert Collin in Car Crash". What had happned was that he hade driven in snow smoke and failed to see a trailer in front of him, missed to brake and driven in to it. Just that the fender was broken and the lights where somewhat cracked. I don't think the bonnet was bent even! The headline soundet like he had crached into a bridge pillar in 150km/h or something...

Ha I just sent him a mail asking what he really ment :D
I'll se if he'll reply!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Robert Collin is a piece of s*it. You can tell only by looking at him...babyface-style...

I agree about the heating, but the rest of what you describe (I haven't read it myself) is utterly childish and uninsightful.

There are NO parts in the Mazda built by Ford, whatsoever. Only the engine block for the V6 is built by Ford, and the V6 isn't even sold in Sweden...

God, I miss Christer Glenning, the old car reporter that died a few years back. He knew what he was talking about. I also miss "mr Trafikmagasinet", Pernstad, but not as much...[/b]
I Agree totally, but the heating is not as bad as he says, sure it could be better, but damn, he said that theres cold air chilling your feet when driving?! hehehe.. a bit overacted?!

And i also agree what you say about media, they have a lot of power. And facts without any connection to the real world must almost be illegal to publish the way he does?!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Originally posted by junkan

Glenning was very good, he were quite fair in his testing and didn't have preconceived notion about everything.
Motorjournalen and Teknikens värld is the best substitute in my opinion.[/b][/quote]

Teknikens värld is great! The present facts, and lets the reader decide instead of saying "This is the way it is, this car is better than that car". In their articles they just tell the reader functions and facts... no subjective bullshit.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Have you swedish guys seen norwegian "Autofil"? I think it`s better than "Trafimagasinet" :sarc

G

·

Just saw Auto Motor and Sport TV (German automotive show) here in the states last Sunday and saw the Mazda 6 2.0i, VW Passat 2.0, and Opel (don't recall what model but it resembles the large Saturn car we have in the states) compete against each other. Every category including trunk size was all hands down to the the M6. Acceleration, braking, slalom. etc. M6 beat the benchmarked cars. I have a few words for that guy that had negative comments to.......... SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Well.. Actually. The air coming from the center console... It's not hot in any way... Cold? Hmm yeah a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kyrkbymannen

I Agree totally, but the heating is not as bad as he says, sure it could be better, but damn, he said that theres cold air chilling your feet when driving?! hehehe.. a bit overacted?!

And i also agree what you say about media, they have a lot of power. And facts without any connection to the real world must almost be illegal to publish the way he does?![/b][/quote]

Yes, I would say there is cold air blowing at my feet too! Very cold! Brrrrr!:sarc

Sorry, but there is no way to stop a journalist. His right to express whatever he wishes is covered by the Swedish constitution. Or "grundlagar" as we call the basic laws of freedom and rights and democracy. Press freedom is one of our most important laws, in order to protect democracy. However, it can - as any tool - be misused...:sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Now :) Even if Sweden where a dictatorship I doubt they'd kill Collin for bashing Mazda :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Originally posted by Blackbird

Now :) Even if Sweden where a dictatorship I doubt they'd kill Collin for bashing Mazda :)[/b]
Sweden IS a dictatorship, we have our "Goeran Persson". Is'nt he a dictator?! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally posted by kyrkbymannen

And i also agree what you say about media, they have a lot of power. And facts without any connection to the real world must almost be illegal to publish the way he does?![/b][/quote]

Yes, I would say there is cold air blowing at my feet too! Very cold! Brrrrr!:sarc

Sorry, but there is no way to stop a journalist. His right to express whatever he wishes is covered by the Swedish constitution. Or "grundlagar" as we call the basic laws of freedom and rights and democracy. Press freedom is one of our most important laws, in order to protect democracy. However, it can - as any tool - be misused...:sarc [/b][/quote]

I have to test my car some more, i've only driven 38 swedish miles, but i haven't noticed the chilly feet yet. Perhaps i will soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts