Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I heard that this will be the only year for the mazdaspeed6, next year only the mazdaspeed3 will be made. Granted the engine will be a detuned mazdaspeed6 engine and the CX-7 uses the same engine. What are peoples thoughts on the aftermarket support of the speed6? Japanese parts are just ungodly expensive imo, 1200 for a catback from autoexe, almost 700 for a intake. So what do people think, will there be aftermarket parts for this car and will we ever be able to see low 13s? The body style parts are also ridiculousy expensive man, JDM suxs imo.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yes, wait to see what perrin will deliver. I have talked to them as they are local hear and they have a speed6 and have started development. The should have some good products out by November if you can wait. Other than that speed concepts and cp-e have developed some parts also.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yes, wait to see what perrin will deliver. I have talked to them as they are local hear and they have a speed6 and have started development. The should have some good products out by November if you can wait. Other than that speed concepts and cp-e have developed some parts also.
[/b]
Did they mention any possible products?

·
Registered
778 Posts
No not yet. But I will assume at least a new downpipe, exhaust, intake and maybe a turbo swap. Just wondering what ECU we will need to go with. Probably perfect power or something.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hope they do a FMIC as well and maybe some engine mangement :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm sure i'll be torn between a mazdaspeed3 and 6 when the time comes at the end of the year to choose. With Mazda implementing this engine on 2 other vehicles + others...aftermarket will pick up quite nicely in the next few years.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah perrin came out of nowhere in 2002 when the WRX arrived, they have only gotten better over the years. There are a lot of great companies for the US WRX/STI that will jump on this market. Turbo + AWD always equals "A tuners wet dream"

·
Registered
856 Posts
I poked around on the Perrin site, looks to be pretty nice stuff, can't wait to see what they produce.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Well I heard that this will be the only year for the mazdaspeed6, next year only the mazdaspeed3 will be made. Granted the engine will be a detuned mazdaspeed6 engine and the CX-7 uses the same engine. What are peoples thoughts on the aftermarket support of the speed6? Japanese parts are just ungodly expensive imo, 1200 for a catback from autoexe, almost 700 for a intake. So what do people think, will there be aftermarket parts for this car and will we ever be able to see low 13s? The body style parts are also ridiculousy expensive man, JDM suxs imo.
[/b]
You may be mistaken. A dealer who posts here has mentioned that the Speed6 will have an 18 month build term. So it's likley you will see a 2007 Mazdaspeed6, especially if you don't see a redesigned Mazda6.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You may be mistaken. A dealer who posts here has mentioned that the Speed6 will have an 18 month build term. So it's likley you will see a 2007 Mazdaspeed6, especially if you don't see a redesigned Mazda6.
[/b]
technically, there was a 2005 mazdaspeed6, just not in the US. that may account for the extra 6 months of build. mazdaspeed has always only offered one model at a time (protege, miata, ms6, ms3, mpv....:D, yeah right).

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
technically, there was a 2005 mazdaspeed6, just not in the US. that may account for the extra 6 months of build. mazdaspeed has always only offered one model at a time (protege, miata, ms6, ms3, mpv....:D, yeah right).
[/b]
Hmmm... that's true. perhaps thats the extra 6 months.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i think we'll see a trim package available for '08 that will feature the same options as mazdapeed6, just under a different name. kinda like how the MX5 is just as capable as the mazdaspeed miata.

the new duratec 35 will fit quite nicely with AWD in 2008.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
There is no 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. Mazda made the decision not to prolong the build based on lack of interest and sales. If you haven't noticed, some dealers have as much as 18 of these car's sitting on the lot and are unable to move them. (Note incentives popping up and 2500 USD cash off).

Instead they pushed the MPS 3 forward, which will be the 2007 Mazdaspeed car.

The only mazdaspeed 6 that will ever be produced, is the 2006 Mazdaspeed 6.

It's incredibly important that ever owner of an MPS 6 push extremely hard for products right now, because if you don't, the focus will shift to the mazdaspeed 3 (this fall), and you'll all be left behind looking for table scraps.

The estimated demand for the MPS 3 is staggering. Dealerships already have preorders for the car, and the final spec's haven't even been publically annouced, not to mention more then one aftermarket has placed orders for their own cars.

If you guys don't push really hard, really fast, RIGHT NOW, it's going to be pretty hard to turn aftermarket companies heads when the new shining jewel is sitting in front of them, instead of a car that's already finished its production run.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Being how it's the same engine drivetrain shouldn't the parts be interchangable? I relize the exhaust pieces will obviously be different, but aftermarket exhaust should not be too hard to produce and design.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
ECUs will be different. Under-hood arrangement is different. Drivetrain is completely different. Exhaust is different. Interior and Exterior aesthetic components will of course be different.

Basially, most anything worth anything, will be unique to the respective models. The powertain will be the same, but you've already got one hell of a built-up motor, so that's no help. Turbo upgrades could be shared, but with different ECUs, it's impossible to know how easy it will be to do them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
14 Participants
Sigma
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing