Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning on lowering my car with Eibach springs..i've read a few posts around the website about the possible negative effects of dropping the car 1.5' i.e. negative camber?? can someone tell me if the stock shocks will hold up with the eibach springs or do i need to get aftermarket shocks? I've looked around and i havent found any aftermarket springs for the 6.

thanks guys
Elmer

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Aftermarket Shocks?'

Originally posted by eduartejr

i'm planning on lowering my car with Eibach springs..i've read a few posts around the website about the possible negative effects of dropping the car 1.5' i.e. negative camber?? can someone tell me if the stock shocks will hold up with the eibach springs or do i need to get aftermarket shocks? I've looked around and i havent found any aftermarket springs for the 6.

thanks guys
Elmer[/b]

I APOLOGIZE, I MEANT TO SAY THAT I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY AFTERMARKET SHOCKS FOR THE 6.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Aftermarket Shocks?

Depends on what the spring rates of the Eibachs are. Up to 15% stiffer is said to be "OK". After that the springs tend to overpower the shocks. Care will also be needed in being sure the shocks don't bottom out (shocks, not the car). If the shock piston hits the bottom of the shock, bye-bye shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts