Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 5 speed 2005 mazda 6 s yesterday and i love it. i want to look into putting an aftermarket shit knob on it. does anybody have any suggestions on which one to get, or what will work?
thanks alot

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you can find a Autoexe knob used, I like mine. New, they're over $100, which I think is a rip off.
Got it for $45/shipped on Ebay.
Here's a bad pic of it:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If you change it, get something heavier. There is a GB going on for a custom shift knob for the Mazda6 (and speed6) right now. It's a really nice heavy knob! Link.

EDIT: Oh, and it's threaded for our shifters, so you won't need any shims or mounting screws.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
TWM knobs are all that I've ever rocked. I love em. Subtle but heavily weighted and definitely aftermarket.

Mine, pictured below, has been powder coated gloss black.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Only thing with metal knobs is that they get hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, im tentative on the metal ones cause i have hot summers and cold winters.. are the autoexe and twm knobs threaded for mazda 6's or can you buy them already threaded? cause i have no idea how to use shims or mounting screws. still a noob, trying to learn these things

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
TWM knobs come threaded for their shifters...no idea if it's the same as the OEM thread.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wonder if it will fit the atx...

·
Registered
22 Posts
knob fits?

hey i just got the autoexe shift knob used.... but all of them should fit right cuase mine wont screw down all the way... is it me or am i just a dumba*s ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I bought an aftermarket one but switched back to the OEM ONE. I removed the leather off the original and like the way it looks black. Anyone else try this ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts