Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn’t find anything on these...

Anybody here bought the ~$150 one from any of the Ebay sellers? The stealerships here quoted me almost $400 for the factory painted model…With shipping/duties it isn’t much better form the States even with the dollar at par ><

If so, how is the quality? Is the paint job well done & does it match? Does it come with all the necessary wiring/hardware? (Still waiting for their response on that last one)

Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
May I ask why you didnt ask the dealer to get the spoiler for ''free'' when you own the car? I got fogs,spoiler,etc... when I bought the car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i bought the ebay one, matches perfectly and comes with all necessary hardware.

·
Registered
291 Posts
May I ask why you didnt ask the dealer to get the spoiler for ''free'' when you own the car? I got fogs,spoiler,etc... when I bought the car.
Damn you! I tried so hard to get fog lights and a spoiler for free when I bought it...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as freebies go - I had already talked them down into a decent price range + bringing the car in from another province so I wasn't going to push much else, esp in the way of accessories.

As far as getting them added into the financed price over the 4 years, I figured it's the same money in the end. That and I bought the 4th one the dealership here had ever sold, none of them had one with it on to actually view.

Which seller did you go through Ankit?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Damn you! I tried so hard to get fog lights and a spoiler for free when I bought it...
My local dealer didnt want to give me ''free'' spoiler and fogs, they said that they would only do $400 profit bla bla bla..so I called another dealer on a city close to mine and said '' I want a mazda6 2010 GS black 6speed I already drove the car, I like it so you dont need to convince me or waist time with me, I just want the car quick and get the OEM spoiler+fogs at the internet price that the I see on mazda.ca, also I dont want any mazda ads sticker on my car'' so he said ''ok, come here to sign'' and I did it. :) I got my car after few days with a free trunk mat carpet (they got the car from another mazda dealer and they probably forgot to remove it!! hehe) 4 months ago I went to the other mazda dealer with my ride right in front of the saleman window and I did a smile to him (I went to buy winter tires) :cool: In your face.

PS: I can do maintenance at Hyundai in my city because my dealer is also a hyundai dealer in my city, and they carry mazda parts there ( I can go to my dealer, it's about 20 mins trip). Of course I can go to the mazda dealer of my city but I prefer not because I feel that they lie to me before.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This dollar being at par is going to bankrupt me, lawl.

Thanks for the quick responses folks – I went ahead and ordered it from Spoiler & Wing King; their website has them listed at $99 (which is $10 cheaper than their ebay auctions). Hopefully it gets here in one piece and looks good…

Shipping was $35 to Calgary, Alberta & would have only been $15 to the border FYI.

I’ll post install pics once the weather here decides to cooperate as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update #1 on this

Spoiler arrived in a week via UPS ground from them – Lethbridge, Alberta.

Cost for shipping was $35 AND a $15 brokerage/extra fee – Did not look too closely at this, but par for the course for importing from the States. FYI - Since you paying for shipping anyways, I would try to get it sent Fedex as opposed to UPS/USPS to avoid the extra charges if any other northern folks are thinking of doing this. Total cost was ~$155 after exchange, not bad at all.

Paint is a good match and looks well done – It’s a little rougher on the lower part near where the brake light cut-out is, but thankfully it’s not noticeable to the eye and on the underside. Comes with a decent install guide, all mounting hardware, sealant, grommets & some of those nice little red wire taps to avoid cutting/splicing if needed.

I’m going to check out a local shop that I’m picking up a windshield banner from for install pricing (since I’m there anyways) & will post pics once I get it on one way or another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts