Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the bose amp out from under the passenger seat. I have rca's from the HU to the 4 channel amp for the 4 speakers and rca's from the HU to the sub amp for the sub. The sub doesn't do anything. It likes its not getting a signal. I know the sub/amp works because prior to the new HU i tapped into the front speaker signal from under the passenger seat. Anyone have an idea what is causing this?

·
Registered
272 Posts
This might sound dumb, but did you check to make sure the Line Out for the sub is turned on at the head unit? My old Pioneer Premier head unit could do this so it might be something to check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried another bolt for the ground (or made your own)?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ground for the sub amp? Remeber it was working fine when I spliced it under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm starting to think it has to do with the wiring under my passenger seat after i took out the bose amp. Can anyone give me refresher course on what that should look like? Basically i have the speaker wire from the 4 channel in the trunk going to the speaker wire under the seat.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine works fine... I don't have a sub installed as of yet, but when installing my KVT-512, I tested the preamps with a voltmeter and they were working just fine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the Bose with an aftermarket headunit, etc... I'll try to take a look tomorrow with my wiring and post some pics if I can.

Edit: I only do this because I love your avatar~!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I was thinking....The speaker wires at the HU aren't connected. Should they be connected? I am splicing the output wires from the bose amp harness and it is going to my 4 channel amp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts