Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read alot about down pipes and and exhaust, but has anyone tried aftermarket headers like the ones cpe offers? I would appreciate any reviews from any who have tried it or thoughts on if its worth the cost. Thxs....

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
lol, that's just funny

you can hit up RMR if you want a new manifold though. made it for the CX7, should bolt up no problem, though i don't know how the gains would be?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
lol, that's just funny
you can hit up RMR if you want a new manifold though. made it for the CX7, should bolt up no problem, though i don't know how the gains would be?[/b]

I haven't heard anything about a replacement manifold. Got any pics, or a link.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i never really looked into it cause i don't need it. they had thier setup on the yellow CX7 in the mazda booth at SEMA this year.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i never really looked into it cause i don't need it. they had thier setup on the yellow CX7 in the mazda booth at SEMA this year.[/b]

i talked to jordan about this (from cp-e) and he said once the intercooler and chip are done (which they say should be very soon), as well as the turbo upgrade (which is being worked on right now), a stainless steel tubular header will be the next project. and he says that we might see something during spring.

i'm way excited.

i think before summer's over i'll have a cp-e FMIC, headers, and downpipe. hoooray for maggie.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't get too excited about anything comming out before the summer's end. CP-E works at a slower pace than the ETA dates they give.
Um, what a weirdo...[/b]

yeah. i'm weird. big deal. i thought the products were already past their ETA. i'm aware of the time CP-e takes on bringing their parts to market. but i don't mind 'cause i know i'm getting a well engineered product.

and what is with so many ms6 owners having sticks up their asses? so many rips on these boards. LAME.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you think this board is bad...which I don't...You should go visit rx8club.com. I would say 75% of the threads quickly turned into flame wars

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
it's all fun and games...In the end we appreciate each other. Espically when we get together for mazda meets.

Maggie will love that huh!!!! :goon:

·
Registered
947 Posts
The dp is really worth it! We had a dyno meet this past Sat and the #s were REALLY good w/ the dp compared to a stock speed - Check the NE Dyno thread, I think everyone is posting their # and mods...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i talked to jordan about this (from cp-e) and he said once the intercooler and chip are done (which they say should be very soon), as well as the turbo upgrade (which is being worked on right now), a stainless steel tubular header will be the next project. and he says that we might see something during spring.

i'm way excited.

i think before summer's over i'll have a cp-e FMIC, headers, and downpipe. hoooray for maggie.[/b]
once again, the ms6 does not have headers, it has an exhaust manifold. maybe you should get to know maggie before you start buying stuff that doesnt work.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
once again, the ms6 does not have headers, it has an exhaust manifold. maybe you should get to know maggie before you start buying stuff that doesnt work.[/b]
Headers, exhaust manifold, tuned manifold..... we all get the picture I think :nana:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Don't get too excited about anything comming out before the summer's end. CP-E works at a slower pace than the ETA dates they give.
Um, what a weirdo...[/b]
I live ~15 miles from CP-E's office/shop/manufacturing center and have visited them a couple of times. The last time I was there I left at 9:20 pm on a Tuesday and they were no where near leaving. Those guys are working late. Later than you, I guarantee. While there I was watching them bend the cat-back exhaust for the MS3 on their new mandrel bender which is next to a couch with pillows and a sleeping bag... They're working and they're not making much... yet. Bottom line, they provide the best product, best support, and highest gains for everything. It costs more but no CELs and it's the best there is.

Before I get flamed, I'm not getting any discounts or anything from them. I just respect their attention to detail. If you doubt it, ask Jordan or Josh for the FMIC writeup...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If you think this board is bad...which I don't...You should go visit rx8club.com. I would say 75% of the threads quickly turned into flame wars[/b]
+1 I don't think these boards are that bad either, I was a member over at nasioc.com for a couple years, and it's A LOT worse over there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
ryceboi
once again, the ms6 does not have headers, it has an exhaust manifold. maybe you should get to know maggie before you start buying stuff that doesnt work.

yea. this one needs help. could i chip next? chip without dealers finding out? or what should be the next step?

jinhao
why the hell does maggie keep talking in third person?

maggie is my whitewaterpearlgt.

target:sti
i hope youre not having sex with maggie

we have no plans to make babies. recreational sex however, that's a whole 'nother thing. (insert LOL!! JK! JuSt JOsHiN!!! if you so choose)

maggie will have to settle for a downpipe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.