Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2005 6s and I'm really sick of only being able to play regular CD's and would like to get a aftermarket head unit for my car along with other stereo components. My question is does anyone make a good installation kit for our cars? The only one I can find is made my metra and I haven't read a single good review on it and it's not cheap either. Any suggestions would be great, thanks! :)

·
Registered
'05 6s ATX
26 Posts
I'm not too sure what kind of customization is capable behind a Metra kit, but I know you can customize the display screen's welcome message to whatever you want (the screen that says "Hello" or "Bose System" when you start the car). As far as I know, that's the only kit (Metra) available for our car that allows for aftermarket installation of a headunit.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2005 6s and I'm really sick of only being able to play regular CD's and would like to get a aftermarket head unit for my car along with other stereo components. My question is does anyone make a good installation kit for our cars? The only one I can find is made my metra and I haven't read a single good review on it and it's not cheap either. Any suggestions would be great, thanks! :)
what do you mean by 'regular' cd's? the stock system can play burned cds, just not mp3 cds (AKA cds with 100+ songs). otherwise you could buy an ipod adapter kit instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a 05 but im going to replace the stock stereo with an aftermarket for a different reason...for whatever reason my left side speakers cut out after about 10 min of listening to a cd...think the cd player is going bad....im gona get that metra kit, its expensive but f it, im tired of listening to 2 speakers lol....ALSO i have a ?....i have the integrated fog lights....but no switch, anywhere...any answers? thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
I also have a 05 but im going to replace the stock stereo with an aftermarket for a different reason...for whatever reason my left side speakers cut out after about 10 min of listening to a cd...think the cd player is going bad....im gona get that metra kit, its expensive but f it, im tired of listening to 2 speakers lol....ALSO i have a ?....i have the integrated fog lights....but no switch, anywhere...any answers? thanks
it would be on the turn signal stock if you do have integrated fogs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it would be on the turn signal stock if you do have integrated fogs.
Yeah theres no switch on the turn signal for fog lights...i have them in my headlights tho...is it possible that theres just a spot for them in the light but it was never used or hooked up? dosnt make sense that they would put the bulb in the housing and not be used?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts