Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Do you like new 2016/17 GT headlights? Anyone likes to upgrade yours? I just got them done a few days ago and want to share with you.
1. about idea
I believe most of 6 fans have sport or touring models. But they have only old style faces. Probably most of you feel so bad on your dim lights. Someone had upgraded their headlights already. But you paid other dollars for installation because the connector is different from sport or touring models.

2. my project
I saw some ebay sellers have been selling GT style headlights since few months ago. But they have no way get your car to accept headlights. So my goal is to find a way to fix it. Finally, I found the contact of the factory and asked them to customize a new connector for NA models. They made 5 for me. Of course, I had to pay full for headlights and connectors before sending out.

3. installation
After 2 months, I received the package and new connector. I installed them a few days ago. Basically, I just need to replace the old ones and plug and play. If you want DRL, you must hook up your ACC. They are so beautiful and the most important is it makes my car look like a GT. For HID, Philips or Osram are perfect, but too expensive. I cannot find other good HID choices with lower price. But I got another better option which are much popular in China for these headlights.

4. Costs
These aftermarket headlights are made in China like usual. I can say they made pretty well and cost around $600 with HID kits and shipping. Since they were sent from China, I waited about 2-3 weeks until getting them. Installation costed me 3 hours. (I have extra work for fog DRLs) Mannual is Chinese only, but I'm Chinese, lol (That's why I can find the original factory with lower price)

Now let me share my photos! Let me know if you have questions. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,804 Posts
@Byakuya

I'm a hater! I don't want the Touring or Sport guys to have access to the GT's led drls. One of the reasons I stepped up to the GT was for these drls.

So Booooooo!

@etbis ... good job for the community... But still Booooooo!

��

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Okay. That's actually exactly what I thought you were insinuating, but wanted to make sure.

The feeling is mutual. I miss my MTX so much and one of the main reasons I went GT was for the beautiful headlights. This makes them worthless lol.

Good find etbis. Added to my One Stop Shop.

·
Registered
704 Posts
What's even worse, if it has a good projector or retrofit in a good hid projector, osram bulbs, the hid output will be much better than the GT's led headlights.

Booooooo!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,804 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Any updates on these headlights. Like has anybody else bought these. Are the headlights all black on the inside? I like the look of them but just want to make sure they are worth it.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Any updates on these headlights. Like has anybody else bought these. Are the headlights all black on the inside? I like the look of them but just want to make sure they are worth it.
I'm about buy them. On this forum, only a couple of cats have bought these chinese xenon headlights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts