Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone added any aftermarket exhaust to their 6 yet? Im thinking about it, but have no clue what to get. I dont want my car sounding like every other civic on the road, and being heard before you can see me comming!! lol

I wanna get something thats got a nice low sound to it, that also sounds good when you punch it an accelerate fast :)

Ideas Anyone?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Aftermarket Exhaust ... Anyone?'

JIC will be comming out with their 505 Series exahust for the 6 soon, i spoke to them about 3 weeks ago, it should be out around June/July. Also, APEXi will be making an exahust, but i don't know which series (could be the World Sport or the N1).

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Aftermarket Exhaust ... Anyone?

Ok cool man thanks for the info, you got links to these guys sites by chance? and these wont sound too ricey hopfully?

·
Registered
315 Posts

Are those going to be cat back exhausts? Any idea on what they will cost? I'll have to look it up.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by TheSwamp6

Are those going to be cat back exhausts? Any idea on what they will cost? I'll have to look it up.[/b]
I think that they will be cat back exhausts. JIC's will be expensive (500-900 bucks); but its worth it. On APEXi, i don't know what they price their exhausts at....but i'm guessing 500-700 bucks.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

how will these sound? any comparison to something so we can get a hint?

·
Registered
389 Posts

There should be sound clips of an Accord V6 (Gen6) with these systems somewhere on the net. I'm thinking that would be similar. I've heard the APEXi systems, they are really nice....JIC, i know they are really really good, but i haven't heard one in person.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

For that kind of money, I could have the guys at ATS custom fab my entire exhaust system, mandrel bent tubes, polished and everything.

Never quite understood why people pay so much for cat-back exhausts...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

Well I guess for that much money I will just go out and buy 2 Phat azz Fart Cannons and some pipes and let the boys at the local shop hook it up.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

magnaflow also has a cat back in the works, said July time frame cost comp. to the Accord V6 system. The Bosal mufflers on the revitup cars sounded awesome as well, but they don't have a cat system in the works as of yet. V6 exhausts are never going to sound as high strung as a 4 banger.....

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

yeah well i have the 4 banger lol, thats why im curious as to how they will sound cuz i DONT want my car sounding like a 'fart cannon'

Looks like ill be going to the local shop and getting some custom work done as well lol

·
Registered
315 Posts

Originally posted by ATL

Well I guess for that much money I will just go out and buy 2 Phat azz Fart Cannons and some pipes and let the boys at the local shop hook it up.  [/b]
I choked on my coffee when I read that :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by 84FordMan

For that kind of money, I could have the guys at ATS custom fab my entire exhaust system, mandrel bent tubes, polished and everything.

Never quite understood why people pay so much for cat-back exhausts...[/b]
You could probably also get something in titanium for that money (at least on the high end). Mmmmmm, weight reduction. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts

I know also that Magnaflow is working on a exhaust right now
i hope HKS is

·
Registered
34 Posts

I got my custom cat-back exhaust for about $325. All stainless. Pics in the picture/ videos discussion under Hello all, here's my mazda6s if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I was just going to post this topic and i see it has already been done for me! i was just telling my husband tonight that i thought i might want to get an exaust system, but i did not want it to sound like a ricer . then i asked him if he thought the 6 deserved a nice sounding exaust system. he seemed to think so.
I traded a chevrolet xtreme truck for this 6. and i had a nice exaust system on the truck, but of course there was no question that the truck deserved a nice exaust system. what are the thoughts out there on the 6 deserving an exaust system.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Aftermarket Exhaust ... Anyone?

I'm probably going to put off on the exhaust for right now, because when I get it done, I want some major engine work done at the same time, look into port and polishing the heads and extrude honing the intake.

My setup will consist of the DP headers minus the y-pipe, custom fab dual 2 1/4" pipe to the headers, no cats, Hooker X-pipe and Borla Turbo 2 1/4" mufflers.

I originally bought the Borlas for my old truck, but since it died, I sold one of the Borla's to my brother's girlfriend to replace the broken stock muffler on her Tiburon. I had a friend at Midas replace it for her and I must say, for a 4-banger Tiburon, it sounded pretty damn good, from a deep idle all the way up the RPM range, not ricey at all. So I began to wonder how well it would sound on the 6.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Borla Muffler huh, what model # or whatever did you get an use on the other 4 banger? If it didnt sound ricey then thats exactly what im lookin for :)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Borla Turbo part # 40652

My truck had the Ford 300 cubic inch inline 6, but unfortunately it died before I could use them. Actually it all happened by accident really, I ordered them from Summit, thinking they were the Borla XR-1s.

Another one you might want to consider is a Ravin muffler, Midas usually stocks these and that's what my friend there put on for me originally. It sounded quite nice, you can hear how it sounded here:

http://84fordman.netfirms.com

The Ravins are built rock solid, but since I still have one Borla left, might as well buy another and put them both to use.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts