Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time i changed my fronts i dremaled out the factory mount and made my 1" jbl tweets fit.
But my ne jl xr tweets are 1.25" i think. just wondering what anybody else did. Im thinking of cutting my tweet grill and wraping it in black vinal with the jl tweet exposed?
Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'd say make a custom one but the lack of room in the 6's has kept me from going bigger than 1". then again i'm happy whre i am with 1" tweets. if you can't do a custom pod, you could ghetto rig it on the outside with vinyl over it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just dont want it to look like i did anything, if anybody else see's the car i want them to think it was stock.
dont need anybody trying to see what else i have in there.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
won't happen with that big of a tweet. have you made measurements to see how it'll fit?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just eyeballed it. I thought it would lok ok with the jl tweet exposed aslong as i covered the holes from the factory grill. Hence the vinyl idea. i might actually find some time to try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
do some full size measurements and see how it'll fit. i'm not for certain but i know the JL's are a good size tweet aren't they? i won't use jl for personal reasons so i don't follow the size specs of their stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts