Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys not in North America...

Are there any companies presently selling (or planning to sell) performance parts for the Mazda6? If not, I wonder how hard it will be for us to export the parts we will be making to European, Asian, Australian, etc owners..... We have a VERY long list of parts we will be making for the 2.3L engine, and I dont want to leave anyone out....

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Aftermarket Companies in Europe or Japan?'

Knowing EU regulations, I'd say you'd have a pretty tough match here... But it would be well worth a try. Contact an american Charge d'affairs on an embassy in a EU country, and they'll help you.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Cool pics, thanks, eventhough the body kits is a bit overkill for the 6. Did you take the pics yourself?

·
Registered
53 Posts

Hi Nikolas,

Just a quick question, I noticed that you are working for Duratec and that they make chips with newly written eeprom info on them.

Have you also played or tested with the new Mazda6's yet using these chips?

Just curious to see what that chip can do to a 2.0 litre, 142 HP car.

Panther

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The computer used in the Mazda6 doesnt have a port to plug a chip into, unlike the Ford ECUs from 1987-2002. However, DiabloSport is going to release a new product that plugs into the OBD-II port (looks like a large Palm Pilot) and we will be able to use this to tune the computer for more power.

Hopefully we will be buying a 2.3L Mazda6 before the end of the year which we will use to develop parts on. I dont know how many of the parts we develop for the 2.3L will carry over for the 2.0L and 1.8L.....

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Looks as if that one has nitrous as well. Judging by the switch next to the gear shift.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That car was on display at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. We spent about 30 minutes giving the car a nice look over. The Nitrous was the only performance mod, besides a cat back exhaust. That is a V6 model as well.....

Nikolas

·
Registered
10 Posts

THE TROY LEE/ROUSH MAZDA6 FEATURES:

Custom Carbon Fiber Hood and Grille by ROUSH
Custom Front Bumper Fascia with Integrated Driving Lamps
Custom Rear Wing with Integrated Taillamps
DC SPort Exhaust
Toyo P225/40-18 Tires and KNC "Wizdom" Wheels
Eibach Lowered Suspension