Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftermarket Android Head Unit / Ownice C900 K5 B / Mazda 6 2016

I have recently installed Aftermarket Android Head Unit from China.

I am mainly interested in safety while driving and I use cameras for monitoring the road even before installing this system (I had a previous 360 Panorama system which was not as good).
So, I mainly use the Head Unit for Music and to monitor my car during driving. I don’t use You Tube and even Navigation apps as I prefer using my mobile for this purpose although all these apps (You Tube, Google Maps, OsmanAnd, Waze and others…..) are supported by the Head Unit.

Let’s start:

The System I Use is : Ownice C900 (K5 B) …Please note there are other types that satisfy other aspects (K1 basic Android System / K3 Digital Sound System /K6 4G Lte & DSP system).
This system is as follows:
•360 Panorama Bird View Cameras (integrated with the Head Unit and used only with it / Support touch screen / support blind Spot recognition as you receive alerts sound and red waring indicating unsafe situation / support DVR recording your journey / support automatic Calibration). There are two types of cameras (I purchased the higher version made by SONY. I received many updates for the 360 Panorama app during the short period I had it (Nearly one month).
•6core CPU / Allwinner T7 Platform (Focus on 360° Panoramic) (Not the best but It is made to mainly support the 360 cameras) I asked the seller is I can purchase the higher K6 with 360 Cameras and the answer was “No”. Anyways, the system is so smooth with no lags at all.
•6- Channel DSP Chip (Simply the best for music lovers).
•Android 7.1 (2 GB Ram / 32 internal storage). There is a lower version with 16 GB internal Storage. (of course, supports google play store for downloading and installing all apps).
•Bluetooth phone call and music supports and work very well through the built in Mic.
•GPS supported and works fine.
•Driving wheel control buttons: All supported
•The Head Unit Mouse and the buttons around it: All supported and can be allocated for other purposes (I mean you can allocate the Navigation button for music or you tube…etc.)
•Car Control System: fully supported (I was so worried about that) but I can control HUD for example (Height / brightness…etc.).
•Can-Bus: Fully support Trajectory Can-bus for cars with ESP system which is supported by Mazda as I believe but you will have to pay extra 30 USD for it.
•It automatically supports right and left signal and reverse modes without connecting the trigger cables to tail or reverse lights. Just flash right to trigger right view and so on.
•Screen: 9-inch 2.5 D / IPS 1042*600 (there is a lower version TN with the same resolution).
•Important point is that you can control the System by touching screen (if you touch right, it gives you the right view of the car, if touch back, it gives you the back view and so on. I mean the screen is interactive.
•Others (FM Radio/ Tv box / TPMS to monitor Tires Pressure/ Car Play and Android Mirroring “pay 10 USD extra”/OBD for examining your car).
•ONLY DRAWBCK: Bose sound system Amplifier did not work. I know maybe I missed something during installation but I am still communicating the seller to know how to fix it. Alternatively, I connected Audio cables from the aftermarket head unit directly to the pre-amplifier cables and it worked (small Scratches).

IMG_20200126_061504[1].jpg

IMG_20200126_061512[1].jpg

The following picture is for the DSP great sound system:

IMG_20200126_061444[1].jpg

IMG_20200109_061550.jpg

IMG_20200126_061435.jpg
Please see the following picture : This is very important mode while driving as you see clearly all blind spots around the car...

IMG_20200126_061556[1].jpg
•Installation Steps:
1.I had to take the front of the dashboard to take out the Factory Head Unit and take pictures of its back side to make sure the harness is ok. See the following video:

or

IMG_20191216_152833[1].jpg
2.I took off the Glove box and took pictures of this Amp-input. Please see these pictures:
IMG_20191216_105243[1].jpg

3.I used the following video when I Installed the cameras…It is so close although it is for 2012 model:

4.Please see these pictures:

IMG_20191228_164717[1].jpg

IMG_20191228_165233[1].jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See these pictures of the amplifier input behind the glove box (some from other members in the forum)
IMG_20200123_140500.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-23-14-06-38-093_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

And this is the wiring diagram ;
Screenshot_2020-01-25-19-17-01-211_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd~01.jpg

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Great! I hope you can control the video output with the commander knob. I mean, if I want to see the left side, then I use the knob, instead of touching the screen.

The 360 camera I have is still to be installed. I couldn't find time, together with my friend, to continue it. What I got is the dashcam setup, front and rear plus interior for left and right.

@Mz6GreyGhost
@Byakuya
I think this is good for DIY section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! I hope you can control the video output with the commander knob. I mean, if I want to see the left side, then I use the knob, instead of touching the screen.

The 360 camera I have is still to be installed. I couldn't find time, together with my friend, to continue it. What I got is the dashcam setup, front and rear plus interior for left and right.

@Mz6GreyGhost
@Byakuya
I think this is good for DIY section.
I think controlling the screen through the Knob is better but you know this is a step forward because the previous models could only be controlled by a remote control without any hope of update. I had 360 Panorama cameras for 2 years before installing this one. It was twice the price and very modest if compared with this one. It also has never received any update.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I think controlling the screen through the Knob is better but you know this is a step forward because the previous models could only be controlled by a remote control without any hope of update. I had 360 Panorama cameras for 2 years before installing this one. It was twice the price and very modest if compared with this one. It also has never received any update.
Now that you mentioned it, I remember that I also have a remote control for the 360 camera.

I asked our local dealer if it's possible to buy the 360 camera from them. I know it's not but...

The 360 camera for the latest model is fully integrated that you can control it using the commander knob.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Now that you mentioned it, I remember that I also have a remote control for the 360 camera.

I asked our local dealer if it's possible to buy the 360 camera from them. I know it's not but...

The 360 camera for the latest model is fully integrated that you can control it using the commander knob.
Unfortunately, you can't control the camera by the mouse knob. It is allocated to control music.

On the other side, touching the screen is really convenient to control the camera.
The following pictures show how to do so:
If you touch the right side of the car (marked in red), you get the right blind spot and if you touch the same place again it gives you the actual view of the right side to avoid hitting the curb:

IMG_20200129_203613~2.jpg

The same happens for the left side..
IMG_20200129_203555~2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want also to mention that you can allocate the controls of the steering wheel to many functions including controlling the cameras but I haven't tried this function yet...
IMG_20200129_203512~2.jpg IMG_20200129_203519.jpg IMG_20200129_203529.jpg IMG_20200129_203534.jpg

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not very good in deed, The option does exist but till now I am not able to assign any button for the Camera. Maybe, there is a trick that I am not aware of. Anyways, once I find out how to do it, I will post about that, of course.

Secondly, when I trigger the signals lights (left or right) or reverse, it will be compulsory to be in the reverse mode or right or left blind spot and you can't control it in any way. Once you turn the signals off, you are back to normal again.

One big pros here is the sound system... Great (really great).. Even without the amp...[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
This is good news for me as I prefer to control it without touching the screen.

@TalonTsi90, how does this camera compares to your Mazda 3? I believe the latest model has a 360 camera.
I dont know, i ignore my backup camera, but my friend last night said i had a very clear sharp picture. So i dont know what everyone is complaining about resolution wise. Its a damn backup camera, not a device for taking pictures.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
@MOHAMEDZANATY
Just a follow-up, I want to confirm that you can use the commander knob to navigate, select options, menu, receive calls and SMS, etc.

How about the default application of Mazda like fuel consumption, is it still working?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@MOHAMEDZANATY
Just a follow-up, I want to confirm that you can use the commander knob to navigate, select options, menu, receive calls and SMS, etc.

How about the default application of Mazda like fuel consumption, is it still working?
The knob is used to control music... Start and resume music / move to next or previous track.. Nothing else... I will try to get in touch with the seller to ask him but these days, it is very hard for him to reply because the factory is still closed even after their vacation is over. Making and receiving calls is controlled by the button on the steering wheel not by the mouse. Navigation is controlled by pressing NAV as shown in the following pic:

IMG_20200204_173729.jpg

About Mazda default applications, please see these pictures :

IMG_20200204_170635.jpg
So I think all Mazda applications are there..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By the way I ordered an adaptor from Ownice Shop to see if it can revive the factory amp but still the sound system is great even without the factory amp:
#Aliexpress QAR 127.37 | Car's Bose amplifier adapter to change the analog signal to voltage differential signal VDS

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
By the way I ordered an adaptor from Ownice Shop to see if it can revive the factory amp but still the sound system is great even without the factory amp:
#Aliexpress QAR 127.37 | Car's Bose amplifier adapter to change the analog signal to voltage differential signal VDS
Thank you for your update. It seems everything is working for the default Mazda application. Please let us know if you are able to run the factory amp.

I am now leaning on purchasing this, but I still have to convince myself and justify the "unnecessary cost" for it. I already bought the 360 camera but haven't installed it yet, except for the harness. I know it's working as we tested it but we lacked time and eventually my friend got busy.

So if I'll be purchasing this, I'll be "wasting money". I really need to justify this!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for your update. It seems everything is working for the default Mazda application. Please let us know if you are able to run the factory amp.

I am now leaning on purchasing this, but I still have to convince myself and justify the "unnecessary cost" for it. I already bought the 360 camera but haven't installed it yet, except for the harness. I know it's working as we tested it but we lacked time and eventually my friend got busy.

So if I'll be purchasing this, I'll be "wasting money". I really need to justify this!
You are welcome, but don't rush into purchasing this head unit till I update you about the amp. Of course, I have other options to install aftermarket amp and it is easy but I prefer to find a solution for the problem.
My advice is that before making the purchase order, you must contact the seller and send him photos of your car especially the head unit back side to be able to send you the correct harness.
About the cameras and the head unit, it is far better than the camera I had before. This is the link of my previous cameras if you want to compare. I purchased it 2 years ago and I had to add a monitor to my car assigned for it because it was not compatible with the factory head unit...
#Aliexpress QAR 1,342.72 | SZDALOS Newst Bird View System HD 3D 360 Surround View System Multi-angle adjustable metal Car camera 1080P DVR G-Sensor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any update about the amplifier? Have you found the solution?
I have already received the adapter for the Bose system but I haven't installed it yet because of Coronavirus.. I don't let anyone touch the car. I will get it installed later. Once I get the result, I will update you all.
Attached a photo of the adapter I received Screenshot_2020-03-21-23-41-39-569_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts