Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've done a lot of looking through forums on here and searched the net pretty good.

Does anyone know of any good sites where you can search wheels based on offset in addition to other measurements? I really don't want to bother with rolling my fenders, but it's hard to find any wheels with 50+ offsets.

I did however notice that it looks like Porsche 911 share our offset size for 17x7s (not sure on the lug pattern though) too bad they don't look better.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Notice the "17X7 5-100/114 42SM". That means that it has a +42 offset. It will work, but you might have to roll your fenders with a +42
[/b]
yeah i know that's a +42 offset. that's my problem, everything is low and it's hard to find 50+ offset and i want something 50+ so i don't have to roll my fenders.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how about these?

17x7, 18.5lbs, +50mm offset

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw, the wheels on the red Volvo are Axis Hiro wheels
[/b]
great, thanks!

·
Registered
810 Posts
what would be the minimum offset for a 7x7.5 wheel if i plan to get a set of tires that would not screw with the speedometer?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i thought we can go as high as +45mm?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Im running Motegi RT5 18" wheels +45 offset w/ toyo proxes 4 225/40/18 tires and the car is lowered with Tein H Techs.. no rubbing. Ive even filled the car with people so the tire would tuck in the fender and still no rubbing. It will clear the fender by about this much | | . I would highly suggest yo go with atleast 18's they just look so much nicer than the stock 17's and go with the toyo proxes 4 225/40/18 tires... good stuff.

pictures here:
http://www.thecarspace.com/photos/345d0e18f675.jpg
http://www.thecarspace.com/photos/1feaa87fb64b.jpg

I hope this helps you out in your descision. If you have anymore questions let me know :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
well the big reason that i'm not going with 18s is that the places that i drive weekly have quite a bit of potholes. i've already gone through 2 OEM rims because of them. getting 18s is just opening up more chances of me bending another rim.

besides, i'd like for this to be my summer/performance setup, so i want to stick with the smaller size.

it seems like anything under 45mm offset is pushing the limits, but it's so damn hard to find a 17x7.5 wheel with our bolt patter and offset that i like.

oh well, i'll just keep looking

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
12 Participants
b8john
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing