Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dude told me after my windows were tinted i cant roll them down for 45 days!! is it that serious? i mean what happens if i do roll my windows down would it mess up the film or something? and he said something about soaping too i cant wash my car right after tinting?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are you sure he didn't say 4 to 5 days? Even that seems a little on the long side. You can wash your car all you want...the tint is on the inside of the window. He was just referring to using soap to wash the inside of the windows rather than using harsher chemicals.

·
Registered
732 Posts
45 days seems a little long. I was told at least one weeks that I couldn't roll down my windows after being tinted.

·
Registered
495 Posts
LOL 45 days? was 72 hours for me. I think maybe he meant after 45 days all the bubbles and whatnot would get themselves out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah it for sure isnt 45 days!! I just got my windows tinted and they said 3 days until i could roll them down.. I waited 4 and rolled them down. If you let it sit in the sun, this will help get out the bubbles that you might have. I let mine sit in the sun the second day in like 80 degree heat and the bubble are gone now!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah it for sure isnt 45 days!! I just got my windows tinted and they said 3 days until i could roll them down.. I waited 4 and rolled them down. If you let it sit in the sun, this will help get out the bubbles that you might have. I let mine sit in the sun the second day in like 80 degree heat and the bubble are gone now![/b]
I've had 3 cars tinted, overall. I went with 3 full days without rolling down my windows. 45 days? LMAO!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dear god, he must have meant 4 to 5 days, 45 is insane.

I tried to keep mine rolled up for 48 hours after I bought them... except that the directions the tint place gave me to get to them actually INCLUDED A TOLL BOOTH. I didn't even think about it until after I had already driven away from the toll, just rolled down the window and paid my $2. I'm just glad it didn't have any ill effect, 2 years later and still looks perfect. ;)

And yes, you can clean them, but NOT with normal windex or any other window cleaner that contains Amonia. This is most window cleaners. Windex actually makes one that does work, its Vinegar based, but my favorite cleaner for the tint is Stoner's Invisible Glass. That stuff is like magic.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My cousin in in the window tinting business, in some cases there might be a bubble or two from the application, the sun will "take it out' due to the heat that it receives. IF there is a lot of bubbles, then the installer doesn't know what they are doing! As for the tint rule, 4 to 5 days before you should roll the windows down. This is due to the fact that the adhesive on the tint has to settle. If you roll the window down, it could cause the tint to move, but in my experiance with cars, I have never seen that. Hope this helps... :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
i had a tint guy tell me one time that not being able to roll the windows down is a bunch of BS. then proceeded to roll my freshly tinted windows down, with no problem. just dont leave them down, so the sun can beat on them a bit and dry them up. its just a precaution thing in case the glue didnt take hold yet down by the window channel, which could snag the tint and yank it off.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i had a tint guy tell me one time that not being able to roll the windows down is a bunch of BS. then proceeded to roll my freshly tinted windows down, with no problem. just dont leave them down, so the sun can beat on them a bit and dry them up. its just a precaution thing in case the glue didnt take hold yet down by the window channel, which could snag the tint and yank it off.[/b]

or bubble..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine was 4 days until I was supposed to roll them down. The first 3 or 4 days, they looked like crap in the sun...really streaky. I almost took it back but I soon noticed that the streaks were dissappearing each day.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Same here, they told me 4 to 5 days. And they looked blurry also, until I cleaned them with warm water and mild soap. And just like someone else mentioned, one of my windows was rolled down the first day and no problems on that one (yet). I picked up a friend and she put the window down, I almost killed her, lol.
But no problems...

·
Registered
517 Posts
i drove a car full of friends down to wildwood for the weekend.
my friend decides to roll down the back window only 1 day after getting it tinted

everything was fine, so i guess its ok to roll them down
except i was about to throw her outta the car for a second there lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
As long as the bottom edge of the film has dried, (usually about 2 hours at 80degrees, maybe 12-24 hours at 40 degrees), you should be fine. Manufacturers and installers say 3-5 days to prevent anything from happening, but we roll windows down right away after installs in some cases.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts