Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if one of the CPE MAF customizer wires worked loose, would it throw a CEL? or just not run?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Depends on the wire that comes loose I suppose. Just check all connections to the cp-e, disconnect negative side of the battery, let the power drain (i pump the brakes till they get solid), then reconnect and I bet your cel will be gone. Has happened to me a few times...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I think it depends on what the dealer did? If you just unhook the battery the CEL will go away no matter what. However if the issue still exsists then it will turn back on as soon as the car is started. I dodn't understand the brake pedal pushing thing though.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
so if one of the CPE MAF customizer wires worked loose, would it throw a CEL? or just not run?
[/b]

Depends on the wire. Most will make it noticible and throw a cell, but some will not register such as the throttle position wire (not sure which one it is, (light blue???) no idea.) I was told that even if it was off or wront, the car would still run and not throw a cel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
RoX
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing