Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can fit after-market decks in the dash..

I wanted to install an mp3 capable CD player since the stock doesnt support it.

Here's a pic I found of it..

I have a feeling mazda designed it so you couldnt install after market decks.. unless you cut and modify the dash yourself.:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Replying to Topic 'After-market CD deck installation for Mazda6'

I ordered a seperate Sony MP3 cd changer for mine..

But i think the Japanese do have in-dash MP3 players.. guess they want those for themselves only :(

·
Registered
244 Posts

There is a MP3-compatible CD-player already available in Japan (and evidently also in US). It will be available in Europe with introduction of Mazda2 next spring (or at least that's what my dealer told me).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

an mp3 option for NA is cool, BUT, is it even possible to install an afermarket stereo in the dash of the 6? it doesnt look like it!

·
Registered
464 Posts

if it does it will require a entire new face plate which = $$. Its not like using a small DIN adapter plate. Plus it would look out of place unless you had a similarly colored CD player like silver.

I was wondering the same things because stock HU's are typically higher distortion, low on RMS wattage, have few if any preamp outputs, and have low S/N ratio.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I am sure eventually, someone will release a panel that will fit a DIN head unit. We've already discussed some of the cool possiblities somewhere else on this forum (do a search, I'm too lazy to).

If not, the factory panel may be able to be modified...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts