Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is my first brake job. Followed the great information provided by 6tech, btw. I also bled the brakes.

So a couple of questions:

Did i really need the spring that holds the two calipers together? Were there two because i only used one?

Is my brake fluid too low? did i not tighten the bleeder valve enough?

I guess those are some of the possibilities for having a mushier pedal. any other insights would be helpful.

*EDIT*

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=62769

ok... so i found this post and apparently there is air in the line. The question is... how do i get it out???

·
Registered
909 Posts
Its the car gods way of punishment for laughing at my mushy clutch when you drove mine :)

Free bump, someone will see this and have the answer

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL... how is that clutch treating you? did you get it looked at? The 6 Gods are really punishing me with the mushy brakes (air got in the valve, im sure), fucked up Koni replacement (see previous post), and my clutch is fried.

damn... i guess i know what im getting for christmas.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
So, this is my first brake job. Followed the great information provided by 6tech, btw. I also bled the brakes.

So a couple of questions:

Did i really need the spring that holds the two calipers together? Were there two because i only used one?

Is my brake fluid too low? did i not tighten the bleeder valve enough?

I guess those are some of the possibilities for having a mushier pedal. any other insights would be helpful.

*EDIT*

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=62769

ok... so i found this post and apparently there is air in the line. The question is... how do i get it out??? [/b]
exactly how much of a "brake job" did you do? If you disconnected any lines you let air into the system, which is what causes a mushy pedal. the only solution is to properly bleed the brakes until absolutely no air bubbles appear in the fluid that comes out of the bleeder screws. If you're not comfortable doing this job then I would suggest having it done professionally. If you got air into the system up at the master cylinder it could be in the ABS controller as well (assuming you have ABS).

no offense meant but seeing as this is your first brake job it might have been wise to have someone experienced assisting or at least watching to help you along.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suggested that to my helper today. He said that we can bleed them again and hopefully this will resolve the problem.

I give it one more try... hopefully i dont have to get them professionally looked at.

·
Registered
909 Posts
After that meet I asked the tech's at my dealership and they said it was normal so my clutch is still the exact same :)

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I was gonna say, air in the line. If it feels like you're stepping down into a pillow then you know you have air in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts