Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I didn't get pics up lastnight, but I was really drunk. Friday the 25th of August at 1600 MNAO replaces my '05 6s Lemon with an '06 Speed6. At approximatley 1605 the Speed was in the air at Precision Autosports to recieve CP-Es Cat-Back and Intake. I'm thinking I set the record for time from signing to modding. Thanks to everyone on the forums for putting up with my ranting about the situation in the past.

The video was filmed from the passenger side of a Lightning. It's hard to make out CP-Es exhaust but the turbo and recirc valve are easy to hear (I never went over 1/2 throttle and 5k RPMs). In car video coming shortly.

Highway Video Collection
In Car Video (All windows down followed by all up)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
you are one lucky man!

good things come to those with patience!

congratulations on the new car...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
how was your car a lemon? my duratec motor went bad on me at 25K. they just replaced the motor. should i have asked for a speed6?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first time I took my car in because of a lack of power was at 1100 miles. Check the Lemon Laws in your state... And if you search for Lemon you'll see my past posts.

IN CAR VIDEO ADDED TO FIRST POST
For some reason it sounds ALOT louder than what it actually is. I'm thinking my camera picked up on the exhaust note a little too well.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It wasn't an excuse... 46 days in the shop in the first 11 mths and 5 attempts to fix the same CEL. I wasn't about to get another 6s when the Speed costs just as much.
[/b]
So then, the car being a lemon was the excuse used to get a speed 6? So then I should use that same excuse to get a speed 6 myself like I said before...

I'm not being rude. You just seemed as though I was saying something negative when I wasn't.

The excuse would be nothing more then the justified reason for you not wanting the 6 anymore. Instead, wanting a speed 6 of the same price.

P.S now you got to change your screename since you have the speed instead of the 05 v6 lol

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Goodjob car looks great. Just need to post some more interesting video clips.

·
Registered
143 Posts
congrats on the car, looks good!
i wish all the inner workings of my car still looked that clean, hah

·
Registered
47 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out in the end. Were the CAI and Cat back worth the money? I'm still trying to decide on mine.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've only got 100 miles on the CP-E gear right now. I'm waiting until I feel comfortable the clutch is broken in before WOT, so I can't really tell you the about the gains yet. IMO The exhaust and intake sound GREAT! I'll never turn on my stereo :) I would say that if you have the money get CP-E, and if not getting the other brands would be just fine I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts