Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just got his trailblazer ss and had this single muffler installed - I think he had the resonator removed or replaced, not 100% sure. They make there aero mufflers for all sorts of engines - they had an example of improved gas milage on a 97 turbo eclipse. Not that I care about that - more into sound and any performance gains. What do you think of these - http://www.aeroexhaust.com/index.html and do you think it would be worth swapping out the mufflers for say no more then 200 bucks?

Listen to howwwww good this sounds on his truck! (different breed I know - big block but, still...:) )

Buddys Trailblazer-SS

·
Registered
243 Posts
Listen to howwwww good this sounds on his truck! (different breed I know - big block but, still...:) )

Buddys Trailblazer-SS
[/b]
Nice Burble. The 6.0 L in the Chevy "SS" trucks is a small block.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
my friend just got his trailblazer ss and had this single muffler installed - I think he had the resonator removed or replaced, not 100% sure. They make there aero mufflers for all sorts of engines - they had an example of improved gas milage on a 97 turbo eclipse. Not that I care about that - more into sound and any performance gains. What do you think of these - http://www.aeroexhaust.com/index.html and do you think it would be worth swapping out the mufflers for say no more then 200 bucks?

Buddys Trailblazer-SS
[/b]
I posted asking about this muffler a couple of months ago. No replies so it doesn't look like anybody has tried one yet. I'm probably going to try the 3" I/O size one on the custom catback exhaust my local shop is going to build up for me. I plan to get it done in the next few weeks, after I order the muffler. Being in Canada, it's either more costly to get one, or more time to drive across the border and pick it up.

I don't want a loud exhaust, just a deeper tone with close to stock SPL if possible, but maxiumum flow for most HP. Verocious Motorsports currently has a $50 off coupon on all Aeroturbine mufflers at their website:
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/verocious...ports/Mufflers/

Use coupon code AT50 at checkout time. That makes the 3" I/O one only $125 plus shipping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your just doing a single basically....ive seen other systems that just go out one tip - prob not a big deal no one would notice...in fact any good shop would prob make a fake-o for the opposite side. I was thinking though to just replace both mufflers...I guess I gotta ask some experts in the muffler biz what the best option is...I wonder with just muffers if there is any performance gains....

keep us posted!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, please keep us posted. I'm looking for the exact same thing you are. I want a deeper tone but not much louder than stock. (My g/f refuses to ride in my car if it sounds like it's farting as I drive down the street). I also couldn't bear anything droning while I'm going on long trips.

My only reservation is that if I spend the money on new mufflers, I don't want it to be a performance inhibitor. I know a lot of people around here think the stock exhaust sucks but I think the only real problem is the mufflers.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Will do, not sure if I'm going to do it this month or next, and if I'm going to go with the Aeroturbine, or just pick a Magnaflow through the exhaust shop.

I'll take pics and post an update when I do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the magnaflow system installed today - I like it alot. nice rumble and when cruising under 3000 in any gear its really not noticble which I like. It was a cool night but it seemed to have more GO to it, a tad. Also though this tank is 94 which is the 1st 94 I ran so maybe thats all it is. Lastly it seems a BIT more smooth passing 3200-3500rpm.....

I like .... but Id still like to hear someones take on these singles we talked about.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Singles would be lighter and have less back pressure, when sized properly. Dual only make sense on V-config engines, or for looks. Look at the SRT-4 crowd, most, at least around here, have switched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts