Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I have a AEM CAI and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. I wanted to know if I were to buy just the CP-E computer unit that connects to the ECU, would it work.

Also, were can I find it on your website.

Thank You,
Andrew9578

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hey there,

I have a AEM CAI and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. I wanted to know if I were to buy just the CP-E computer unit that connects to the ECU, would it work.

Also, were can I find it on your website.

Thank You,
Andrew9578
[/b]
The responses given in this thread aren't entirely accurate.

If you buy the programmable MAF Customizer, you could tune it to work with your AEM intake. However, this would require you to take your car to a dyno with a wideband reading in order to tune it properly.

You should not simply buy a MAF customizer that is pre-tuned for another intake and assume that everything will be fine. The MAF customizer for the Injen is tuned specifically for that pipe and using it with the AEM could cause adverse consequences.

Also, exhaust systems do produce a nominal gain (5-7hp).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. I was also thinking of geeting headers and using only one cat instead of for. Will i have a problem passing emissions with only one cat one the 6s?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Also, exhaust systems do produce a nominal gain (5-7hp).[/b]
Usually at the expense of a couple foot-pounds of torque.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
thanks for the info. I was also thinking of geeting headers and using only one cat instead of for. Will i have a problem passing emissions with only one cat one the 6s?
[/b]
We're starting to get off topic, but in most states, no. The single cat obviously will not clean as well as the 4 restrictive cats, but it will do enough to keep the check engine light from coming on. If your state has a visual inspection or does a strict sniff test, then you could have a problem. The only state I know of that has major issues with exhaust systems is California, though.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I had expected them to answer, which is why I didn't, but since they aren't, I'll answer for them. ;)

The Injen MAF Customizer was originally released for two reasons. One is that the Injen CAI has a chronic problem with check engine lights, and lots of people had been requesting a fix. The second reason is that this was a "stop-gap" measure while they were working on getting their intake out on the market.

The AEM/Mazdaspeed intake has never had a problem with check engine lights, so there's no reason to make a similar product for that reason. As for adding gains, you must understand that CPE has a vested interest in selling their own intake, which is actually better anyhow, since it's a 3-inch diameter pipe. CPE actually prefers not to sell the Injen MAF customizer any more for this reason and it will likely be discontinued at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts