Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told that the Short Ram is better (HP) speaking than the Cold Air. Any help? Also What would a better option be Injen?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Cold Air: More air + cool air = good + good :thumbup:
Short Ram: More air + hot air = good + bad = 0 :thumbdn:

·
Registered
436 Posts
SRI's give no benefit and actually take away power from the bottom end. Get a CAI.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Let's just say I absolutely love my Mazdaspeed CAI! I've had it installed for about three weeks now and it's been great. I had an SRI on my previous car (2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6) and all it really did was give the car a noticeable growl. The Mazdaspeed CAI sits in the foglight region and I love how the splash guard on the driver's side wheel well is vented. Great work, Mazda!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've been told that a CAI is better, and it makes sense. Cooler, dense air is better than sucking in the hot engine bay air. I'm actually getting a CP-E MAFci for my 6s from a member here... can't wait to get it and apply my first mod to this wonderful car! :)

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
the only way SRI's work well is if you're driving around with your damn hood open. of course they work on dynos very well, but the second you close that hood its like an oven and the SRI is taking all that hot air right into the engine.

i'd like to see a manufacturer get the balls to do a closed hood dyno with their own SRI and CAI. it'd be laughable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im pretty much gonna agree with everyone else. The short ram is not going to give you an improved performance because of the air density inside of the engine. The full cold air intake is the only way to go. I hear great things about the CPE kit, but for me, I am saving up for the Mazdaspeed, since it has a warranty and from everything I hear, it sounds incredible. Everyone with the CPE swears its better, but how would they know. Its not like the have both of them installed and can compare. Its all personal preference though, and I can sleep better at night knowing the Mazdaspeed has a warranty instead of nullifies my warranty like the other CAI's do.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Alright, nobody else should mention Short Ram Intake anymore :angry: :angry: , I think there is like 50 million forums that disagree on this. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts