Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My dumbass wanted a short ram intake so I bought the Mazda 6i (4cyl) AEM short ram intake for Automatic transmission. Now my question is would this work on my manual (M/T) ?

Ron

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Hi,

My dumbass wanted a short ram intake so I bought the Mazda 6i (4cyl) AEM short ram intake for Automatic transmission. Now my question is would this work on my manual (M/T) ?

Ron[/b]
No... They're different...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am gonna try it anyways and see how far i get..

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Wow... Worst thing that could happen? Just wouldn't fit and if it does you'll maybe throw a cel. Keep us updated cuz you never know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked the place where i bought it and they advertised as 03-06 mazda 6 4 cyl... They never mentioned that it should be A/T but on the manual it clearly states 03-04 A/T.. and my car is a 05 M/T..Everything on the pictures looks the same, i contacted the guy and I 'll see what he got to say about it..

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I just checked the place where i bought it and they advertised as 03-06 mazda 6 4 cyl... They never mentioned that it should be A/T but on the manual it clearly states 03-04 A/T.. and my car is a 05 M/T..Everything on the pictures looks the same, i contacted the guy and I 'll see what he got to say about it..[/b]
Yeah, the pics of products online are usually not what is actually for sale. Most have disclaimers specifically for this. Anyway, Trouble1986 says it should work just fine so... Good luck...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No this mistake is the sellers not mine and it seems like it will fit, so i will keep you posted.. Also I have a carbon fiber hood with 3 air vents so i am going to use one and guide the air to my short ram intake..So I don;t get to much hot air, and I also have a vent at the bottem where my fog lights are at, so I should be fine air wise..

·
Registered
412 Posts
at least it'll sound nice? :D

should fit ok..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OKe intake is on had to do a lot of custem work to make it fit, but the intake itself works fine..I had to bend the bar in order to attach it somewhere and had to change several tubes in order to attachs everything properly..

The tubes was caused because it is a newer model and the bending of the bar was b/c it's manual because automatic has 2 open wholes where you can attach the bar 2 which manual does not have. Luckely i work in a shop so i had everything i need, but for does guys that wnat a short ram for manual 4 cyl (6i) the Aem short ram will work.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I'm glad you got it fit with a lil' custom work. Def keep us updated and can anyone vouch for the air flow? Sounds like enough vents for cold air, but I'm still skeptical.

·
Registered
59 Posts
the same thing happened to me....ordered a short ram for my m/t got it in the mail....install instructions were for the a/t and the intake itself was for that purpose also....i just followed the instructions and put it on but i had to move the clutch fluid line and put the bar were the clutch fluid line was using the screw and bolt and rubber washer provided....well i ahd to use a longer bo0lt that came out with the stock air box. havent had a problem with clutch fluid or anything else accept for a cel....sounds great runs greater. i felt a huge difference in acceleration....have to drive the streets in 4th gear instead of 3rd now because the engine starts begging for the next gear so with the exception of the cel (which is like the wheel of fortune kuz i never know when its gonna come on next) it runs great. but the cel is confusing the shit out of me. as i stated earlier it comes on sometimes and stays off sometimes. its wierd like some days when i turn the car on and let it sit it wont be on and wont come on for a few hours then other times it will stay on for days on end. fuckin wierd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.