Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a online vendors I can get the Dryflow filter, the dealers they listed are to far and the near ones don't have it, all they had were the oil based filters.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Ray, how many miles have you put on since getting the filter. Im around 7k myself. Next spring i'll prolly clean it and check to see how dirty the MAF is.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sorry to get off-topic a bit but how do you clean the Dry-flows?

I have a regular oil-filter. It isn't bad for the car that you oil the filter is it? Just a hassle right?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil Based filters as much as let them dry will still have some oil sucked off them through the intake tube and gunks up the MAF sensor and misreads the airflow going through it.

THe Dryflow is a synthetic non-woven filter with no oil in it, it filters better then the oil filter would and is safer to use, as far as cleaning them, I dom't know the process but they're also lifetime filters.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Ray, how many miles have you put on since getting the filter. Im around 7k myself. Next spring i'll prolly clean it and check to see how dirty the MAF is.
[/b]
I got 11K on the filter. I'm planning to clean it at 20K or a year later, whichever comes first. It's pretty mucht the same interval I used with the aFe filter I used previously. Like you, I clean the MAF at the same time as the filter.

Sorry to get off-topic a bit but how do you clean the Dry-flows?

I have a regular oil-filter. It isn't bad for the car that you oil the filter is it? Just a hassle right?
[/b]
With the Dry Flows, you just clean them with AEM's filter cleaning solution and let dry.

Regular oil filters aren't bad, just as long as you don't over-oil it after cleaning. In the end I chose the DryFlow so I don't have to worry about over-oiling and it's less of a hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts