Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it was time for a new air filter for my 2014 Sport, I purchased a washable dry air filter model 28-20480 from AEM Induction Systems. $32.99 with free shipping. The car seemed to have more pickup after installation. I recently cleaned it using Simple Green cleaner(about $4 in Walmart). Somewhere along the way, I saw Simple Green mentioned in some of the AEM info. The thing I like, is you can simply clean it anytime you see it getting dirty(we get a LOT of pollen in the spring in NC). The one thing I would recommend is keeping your old filter to use, while this one is drying. I didn't, and I had to drive my other car for about 3 days while the filter was drying. If you are planning to keep your car for some time, or live in a dusty/dirty environment, this may be something you might want to check into.

https://www.aemintakes.com/dryflow_air_filters.htm

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought this same AEM drop in filter also reset the ECU after installing it, didn't notice any difference compared to the old dirty filter but the main reason I bought it was because it's reusable.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Didn't notice any change after I installed mine other than never having to buy an air filter again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
GerryB
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing