Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my AEM CAI, and was wondering if anyone would like pics taken while i do the install for future reference... The manual that came with it is pretty straight forward... Just thought id check before i went and ripped my car apart... :)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just got my AEM CAI, and was wondering if anyone would like pics taken while i do the install for future reference... The manual that came with it is pretty straight forward... Just thought id check before i went and ripped my car apart... :)
[/b]
Do a search for AEM. I installed their CAI and posted pics!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm debating between the AEM and the Fujita and I'm interested in why you chose the AEM. I've decided against CPE because of cost and because it's not CARB certified.

It seems that you can get the Fujita for about $50-$60 less than the AEM. How much did you pay for your AEM? Was cost the main consideration or something else?

I'm also curious about your impressions on the sound quality of the AEM. Some posters have said that the Fujita has a high pitch and sounds like a hair dryer. I've never had a CAI so maybe this is just how they all sound.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I too prefer AEM/Mazdaspeed tomostof my customers.

However, those who do not worry about carb certification, I prefer the Fujita intake.

IMO, all intakes available prefer the same. At least I can say none are bad.

The Fujita I believe is only 2 piece system, while others are a 3pc system, which is good in a way that the Fujita CAI uses more hard pipes. Also, the Fujita CAI can be found on ebay for just over $200 Shipped. Extremely cheap, below my cost so we don't even bother selling it.`

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yeah! Comes with a drink, a hat and a duffle bag too!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got mine from streetunit when they became a sponsor of the site... thats why i got mine... $216 with free shipping... :) that alone was the main reason why i got the AEM... PRICE!!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like it's pretty much a toss up so most people seem to be buying based on price.

MZDASPD6 - I checked the streetunit website and the AEM is listed for $260. http://www.streetunit.com/mazda_s/557.htm

As far as Fujita CARB status...here's an email that I got from Fujita yesterday:
<blockquote>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:48 AM
To: Estes, Mick Edward
Subject: Re: CARB status for CA-2505

Carb is still pending. We will be posting the carb approval on our website, so just keep checking
back. We will send out carb labels to the people that purchase the intake and have proof of purchase.</blockquote>

·
Registered
651 Posts
$209.99 shipped, got one a month or so ago. Quality piece, love the hat too haha
[/b]
And here I thought I was supporting your new business by purchasing your old AEM ;)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like it's pretty much a toss up so most people seem to be buying based on price.

MZDASPD6 - I checked the streetunit website and the AEM is listed for $260. http://www.streetunit.com/mazda_s/557.htm
As far as Fujita CARB status...here's an email that I got from Fujita yesterday:
<blockquote>
Carb is still pending. We will be posting the carb approval on our website, so just keep checking
back. We will send out carb labels to the people that purchase the intake and have proof of purchase.</blockquote>
[/b]
theres a 15% off coupon ending today. so that comes to 221 shipped for the AEM from SU.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<blockquote>
[/b]

i used the Mazda6club.com discount... :) and ryceboi is right... $221... not $216... :)

The staff at streetunit.com are excellent...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts