Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks my first mod installed on my 05 6i ATX. I was a bit skeptical with all the reviews and problems with the AEM CAI and other CAI's for that matter. I ordered the AEM anyway after some input from a few race junky friends and today I finally had it installed.

First impressions were real good. The power increase is very very noticeable. As soon as I touched the gas I immediately had a evil smirk on my face. The noise is subtle and not as loud as I was expecting but still noticeable and roaring at higher rpms. No CEL either (crosses fingers) but its only been about 20-25 miles driving after installation.

Well worth the money IMO.

I will post pics later when I get out of work!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Don't worry you will get a cell, but do some highway driving and it will go away...

I haven't had a cell for a couple of miles now

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I have had mine on for a year now with NO CEL,I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got sick of the CEL and put back the original stock system today...havent experienced any problem with that :-D Question, is there normally a faint humming sound after shutting off the engine? it goes away after the power turns off completely...maybe im just being paranoid about my baby

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah, this sound drove me nuts and I thought I screwed something up. The throttle body buzzed for about 6-7 seconds after the key was turned off so I tore the intake off to see what was going on. Turns out the TB servo motor is vibrated back and forth about 2 degrees as part of a calibration or testing routine... :headscrat:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts