Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was on my way home today and it is raining in the great old state of Ohio, when I came to a stop light and heard my engine bay making odd noises. I pulled off into a parking lot and took a look at everything and all seemed fine. So in my mind I think I sucked water up on my way in to work this morning because I HAD to go through standing water. So I rush to get home to figure out if I sucked up water or not and when I went to remove the bolt holding the intake on...........the welds holding the bracket to the intake had snapped completely off. Put OEM intake back on and no more noise. So the noise I was hearing was the intake rattling around. What I am totally dumbfounded about is the shitty welds on the intake. Unfortunately I bought the CAI used so I don't think I could go to AEM and complain.........or could I?!?!?!?

What is everyone else's thoughts on what happened!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I better correct myself. The weld didn't break. The weld held in place. The metal tube is what broke off. There is a huge whole that outlines where the welded bracket use to be on the tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
wattersa81
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing