Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i have the choice between a Falken Ze-912 and a Kumho Ecsta Asx tire, which ones should i get? Pretty much the same thing?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Kumho ASXes were decent tires on my GS-R, but not particularly outstanding. Adequate in every catagory, but did nothing well.

I prefer the Falkens but I never got much of a service life out of them. Great traction dry, good traction wet, workable in frozen stuff, but had a short life.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Why do you have only a choice between those 2. I had a set of Contnental extreme contacts. Somebody slashed my tires so i went with the Yokohama S-drives. They are a great tire much better than the continentals.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I found that Kumho were better for winter tires. If thats not what your lookin for then skip em

B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (BlueSpeed @ Feb 13 2010, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636804
Why do you have only a choice between those 2. I had a set of Contnental extreme contacts. Somebody slashed my tires so i went with the Yokohama S-drives. They are a great tire much better than the continentals.[/b]
I'm getting new wheels, and i get a better price with tires already on em. And for the size that i want, those a pretty much the 2 that would be ok. Some tohers are available but with a much higher price

QUOTE (Nick76 @ Feb 13 2010, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636808
I'm getting new wheels, and i get a better price with tires already on em. And for the size that i want, those a pretty much the 2 that would be ok. Some tohers are available but with a much higher price[/b]
Original size is 215/45/18..i could go on some 225/40, many more choices, but ain't original and won't help me fit the wheels! :p

QUOTE (Nick76 @ Feb 13 2010, 01:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636808
I'm getting new wheels, and i get a better price with tires already on em. And for the size that i want, those a pretty much the 2 that would be ok. Some tohers are available but with a much higher price

Original size is 215/45/18..i could go on some 225/40, many more choices, but ain't original and won't help me fit the wheels! :p[/b]

I could go with Nankang, that are cheaper, of pirelli p zero nero or Hancook ventus.... any of those is really better than the other?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts