Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am thinking of buying a 2010 Mazda 6 that currently has 104k on it.

I just wondered as i am new to these cars, what should i be looking out for and also what are repair costs like if required?

Thanks in advance ☺

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

That's the 2nd generation Mazda 6 - many of the engine/otherwise issues from the 1st generation were worked out so it's a very reliable car when well taken care of. The biggest issue that I'm aware of for those is the rear subframe rot - there was a recall on it not too long ago because it would completely rust out and become dangerous, but Mazda will fix it so far as I know.

I don't know too much otherwise about that generation, so hopefully someone else can chime in a bit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had my 2010 6 GTi since 2009. Currently has 95k miles on it and it runs great. In that time, it has only had routine oil changes, new tires at 50k, 2 batteries, a couple of alignments, new brakes at 92k (didn't actually need them but I was taking a trip and would be out of town for 3+ weeks).

The only repairs that have been needed were replacing the a/c evaporator (behind dash -expensive labor), and bridging the wires for the left-rear door lock sensor to keep the alarm from sounding repeatedly (easy DIY). The EVAP replacement was probably my own fault for parking under a magnolia tree which drops tons of acidic pollen same leaves. The repair shop said the EVAP was coated with slimy pollen which ate a hole into it. I don't park there anymore.

Of course a lot depends on how well the prior owner(s) maintained and drove it .

Good luck.

Reactions: Azza564

·
Registered
699 Posts
Front and rear subframe rust. That is the main issue to look for.

Reactions: Azza564

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2009 and am obsessed with it. If the vehicle is clean, they're wonderful cars and have always been reliable for me (I've owned two now! Lost the first one to a 50 mph car crash!).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect, thank you all i have now put down a deposit on a 2011 sport :)

Now I'm a real member of the Mazda 6 club :LOL:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2010 (i Touring Plus) has 130k on it, & I've owned it since new.
The only problem I've had is a front wheel bearing, which cost ~$400.

Two dealers claimed that is a common problem with this model.
It was noticeable as a 'tire' noise when turning, only in one direction, at speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts