1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Done it since May, no problems.

·
Registered
574 Posts
work faster.. I dont have time to wait on you people.. geeez.. ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
update on this.

Ok mi amigos, this will not be as straightforward as with the 2.3l.

On the 2.3l the cps sensor is a lever that moves up and down. I only found one sensor located right next to the crank pulley so that's got to be ours. It's just a metal cylinder and it's mounting bracket is secured with a single 9mm bolt beneath the sensor. When installed you're looking at it in profile, rather than straight on like the 2.3l.

The Duratec cps will clearly need a mod of the mounting bracket to resecure it in it's new (advanced) position, and I'm not sure how to even approach that. Certainly to do it right you'd have to fab a new bracket to hold it in place.

EDIT: ok on further thought, I dont think this is going to do anything for us at all. Unless I'm wrong, we have a totally different type of cps. It's just a metal cylinder and I'm thinking it doesnt matter which may the thing is oriented. It'll still turn the same info.

·
Registered
426 Posts
update on this.

Ok mi amigos, this will not be as straightforward as with the 2.3l.

On the 2.3l the cps sensor is a lever that moves up and down. I only found one sensor located right next to the crank pulley so that's got to be ours. It's just a metal cylinder and it's mounting bracket is secured with a single 9mm bolt beneath the sensor. When installed you're looking at it in profile, rather than straight on like the 2.3l.

The Duratec cps will clearly need a mod of the mounting bracket to resecure it in it's new (advanced) position, and I'm not sure how to even approach that. Certainly to do it right you'd have to fab a new bracket to hold it in place.

EDIT: ok on further thought, I dont think this is going to do anything for us at all. Unless I'm wrong, we have a totally different type of cps. It's just a metal cylinder and I'm thinking it doesnt matter which may the thing is oriented. It'll still turn the same info.
[/b]

A bit more info on this topic from Luke White on Tech

"The [6s] sensor is most likely an inductive proximity switch. It's looking for a piece of metal (steel) to pass within a certain distance of its face. In my experience with them at work, I've never seen one sensitive to how it is twisted within its mount. Main thing is that they have to be close enough to the "target" to see it without being so close that the face of the sensor gets knocked off when the target goes past it"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts