Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the fact you walk away and it auto-locks for you, but about 25% of the time this does not work for me.

It's weird how sometimes when I walk away it will beep and lock the doors, but other times I don't hear any confirmation, which leads me to think its unlocked, so I just manually lock the doors with the keyfob.

Anyone else know why its intermittent sometimes?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Autolock feature is when you've started the vehicle, I have my autolock set to lock when I switch to drive. I forget the options but I believe there are options for 30, 60 and 90 seconds after you start driving. This is not for when you step out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
there is no rhyme or reason as to where or when it fails to work..

it has been driving me crazy since i got this car in march. I will stand by the car when i get out and it wont work..or sometimes it will.

its is completely unpredictable in my experience. i just click the lock button as i walk away even though i have this feature on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
there is no rhyme or reason as to where or when it fails to work..

it has been driving me crazy since i got this car in march. I will stand by the car when i get out and it wont work..or sometimes it will.

its is completely unpredictable in my experience. i just click the lock button as i walk away even though i have this feature on.
I dont have this issue with my Gt but I did on my Volvo andnit was a loose wiring harness of the keyless antenna. It was diagnosed with OBD2 at the dealer's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
319 Posts
I find that my phone causes interference with this feature

Reactions: Driverr6

·
Registered
94 Posts
A lot of the time my issue seems to be when. I have a passenger. If I close my door before they do, it doesn't do anything. So random and weird.
It's not random to me. When I get out and close my door, there is a beep, then if I need to pick up stuff from the rear seat, I wont move too far then open the rear door. If I move beyond 3 ft then it'll lock. So oncebi got my stuff, I'll just have to stand within the 3ft of the front door again, wait for the single beep, then move away and the door will autolock with 2 beeps. If any doors are ajar, the autolock will not work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's not random to me. When I get out and close my door, there is a beep, then if I need to pick up stuff from the rear seat, I wont move too far then open the rear door. If I move beyond 3 ft then it'll lock. So oncebi got my stuff, I'll just have to stand within the 3ft of the front door again, wait for the single beep, then move away and the door will autolock with 2 beeps. If any doors are ajar, the autolock will not work.

I'm not talking about when I'm in the car by myself, although that doesn't always work. My passenger gets out and closes the door, I get out, close my door and do my normal walk away, and nothing happens. I have to lock it with the fob almost every time. If I get out and close the my door before the passenger, it works right. Makes no sense.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can I suggest something to try? Same with pax situation, once you close your door, if you don't hear tge single beep, move away from the 3ft zone, then
Re enter that zone. If you still can't hear the single beep you might have a loose keyless antenna connection.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can I suggest something to try? Same with pax situation, once you close your door, if you don't hear tge single beep, move away from the 3ft zone, then
Re enter that zone. If you still can't hear the single beep you might have a loose keyless antenna connection.

I think I will have them check it out when I go in for my second oil change. Just too many inconsistencies with the way it works even though I try to do the same thing every time. If I can't trust it it is worthless. I have come back to an unlocked car a few times. Not cool, especially in some of the sketchy places I go lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 CX 5 and have had similar issues. It looks like the auto lock feature will not lock the doors if the one holding the key walks beyond the 3 ft zone before a passenger closes their door. I've confirmed this is always the case. I believe anyone with a Mazda advanced key-less system can duplicate this by exiting their vehicle leaving a door open, walk beyond a few feet, put the key down outside the 3 ft zone, then go back and close the door. The doors will not lock. This is a problem because many times I or my wife get out and begin to walk away from the vehicle and one of our kids takes a little longer to get out and close their door and presto, car is left unlocked, making the auto lock feature unreliable. I am not sure why I don't see more people complaining about this. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Same thing with my Acura, I have to wait for all others to close the door before I can lock it by swiping my thumb on the door handle. You guys can't lock it by pushing that button by the door?

btw this is the first I'm hearing of this feature, pretty cool....if it works lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I loved the idea of the auto lock, but I just didn't find it reliable enough.

To be certain it locks, I now either click the lock button on the inside of the driver's door as I get out, or using the button on the external door handle once I close the door. No searching for my key fob, no standing around waiting for everyone to close their doors first, or slowly exiting a 3' radius. Just click one of two easy to reach buttons and go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts