Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not post this correctly the first time (yesterday), this is a repost .....
I purchased a 2009 Mazda 6 with 91,563 miles and the car is in really nice shape. It came with one advanced remote. The car starts and runs fine, all systems are go EXCEPT the doors do not lock or unlock with the key fob, neither does the trunk unlock. The small red indicator light does light up when the buttons are pushed and I changed the battery to be sure that is was at full power. I have to use the removable key from the key fob to lock and unlock the door and trunk. I also tried pushing the small black button on the door handle (driver side and passenger side), I do get a series of low tone beeps. The doors and trunk do lock/unlock once I am inside the car using the inside buttons. I ordered two new advanced key fobs (aftermarket) and took them and the car to two different locksmiths. Neither locksmith could program the keys and both felt it was because they were aftermarket fobs. Both locksmiths suggested that I send them back and order OEM fobs. I called the company that I purchased the advanced key fobs from and they said that they have never had one of the aftermarket fobs returned before and was highly unlikely that one would be bad let alone two, (again both fobs did fail to program). I just sent them back yesterday and I am losing $50.00 dollars because of of a restocking fee. I purchased this car for my grandson who is on the ARMY at Ft Bragg and was recently married. The car is almost three hours away from my residence and in their possession, so it is difficult for me to try many different things but I am reaching out for some suggestions from this group. I could order new OEM fobs but before I do could it be anything internal to the electrical system, I hate to keep throwing money away with restocking fees. My end resort would be for me or them to take the car to a dealer but that would be the most expensive option.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The doors and trunk do lock/unlock once I am inside the car using the inside buttons. I ordered two new advanced key
If you are inside the car, you can unlock and lock the doors using the switch from the driver's side. Did I get it right?

If this is the case, something is wrong with the key FOB or the car's sensors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts