Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a question....I see the adjustable front end sway bar links advertised, and wanted to know if anyone is using them and if so, what benefits have you seen from them?

Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I can almost guarantee no one has done them, and for a street driven car preloading the front suspension really isn't neccessary...

I'm going to take on a front sway bar soon (Pending some info from Corksport), and I'll consider these when I do them, but I won't preload...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I can almost guarantee no one has done them, and for a street driven car preloading the front suspension really isn't neccessary...

I'm going to take on a front sway bar soon (Pending some info from Corksport), and I'll consider these when I do them, but I won't preload...
[/b]
Preload a front sway bar??

How would adjustable end links "preload" a sway bar? All they'll do is allow you to balance the bar left to right.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Preload a front sway bar??

How would adjustable end links "preload" a sway bar? All they'll do is allow you to balance the bar left to right.
[/b]
pre-loading is when you put load on the swaybar when the vehicle is at rest. this can be achieved by having the endlinks at different lengths. this is used when a track has mostly left turns or right turns.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
pre-loading is when you put load on the swaybar when the vehicle is at rest. this can be achieved by having the endlinks at different lengths. this is used when a track has mostly left turns or right turns.
[/b]
Exactly - the only reason to go with adjustable end-links on the front sway for a street car is if they have stiffer poly bushings - or better yet if they have a true spherical bearing eliminating the bushing altogether.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly - the only reason to go with adjustable end-links on the front sway for a street car is if they have stiffer poly bushings - or better yet if they have a true spherical bearing eliminating the bushing altogether.
[/b]
Thats kind of why I asked the question....wasn't sure what the application was for street use. Thanks guys.

Wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts