Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found adjustable sway bar end links that work for 3rd gens? I have the progress rear sway bar on my 6 and with the stiff setting the geometry is pretty poor, I'd like to be able to get as close to a right angle as possible. A slightly longer end link would work as well, has anyone gone down this route?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Adjustable end links are critical for corner-weighting and avoiding/adjusting pre-load. I haven't looked under my car, but could a universal set be made to work?
Check out Summit Racing, Pegasus Racing, and maybe even some of the Mazda specialty places. (I only know Flyin' Miata, who are excellent but focus on Miatas.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s kind of what I was wondering, does anyone know what size the stud is on the balljoint?
I’m wondering what all vehicles might use the same size and style of end links.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
That’s kind of what I was wondering, does anyone know what size the stud is on the balljoint?
I’m wondering what all vehicles might use the same size and style of end links.
There was another thread not to long ago asking for the same thing. I'll tell you the same thing I said over there. Take one of the stock end links (or go to Napa and ask them to pull one) and take it to NAPA. They should be able to measure the diameter of the ball shaft as well as the length. This would give you the best starting point.

Those end links that @TalonTsi90 posted would kick ass due to the different shafts that it comes with if they would fit.

Reactions: ABCGarage!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
691 Posts
There was another thread not to long ago asking for the same thing. I'll tell you the same thing I said over there. Take one of the stock end links (or go to Napa and ask them to pull one) and take it to NAPA. They should be able to measure the diameter of the ball shaft as well as the length. This would give you the best starting point.

Those end links that @TalonTsi90 posted would kick ass due to the different shafts that it comes with if they would fit.
Lol yeah I was the one that made that thread. I also followed your advice for jacking the wheel hub level and it worked to connect the stock endlinks.

Reactions: DJ Raydiate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol yeah I was the one that made that thread. I also followed your advice for jacking the wheel hub level and it worked to connect the stock endlinks.
Did you end up getting a measurement? I have a set of digital calipers somewhere. I could take the stock ones off and get a measurement if I get a chance later this week.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Rally Racer
2,715 Posts
Adjustable end links are critical for corner-weighting and avoiding/adjusting pre-load. I haven't looked under my car, but could a universal set be made to work?
Check out Summit Racing, Pegasus Racing, and maybe even some of the Mazda specialty places. (I only know Flyin' Miata, who are excellent but focus on Miatas.)
Are you suggesting changing sway bar pre-load in order to corner balance? ?

Adj-end links should only be used (on road) for leveling the sway-bar after lowering the vehicle ride height. Now if you only make left-turns (American "racing") maybe, but a better way would be to add bite the the RF/RR with springs.

The way I learned, and have applied it, was move stuff and adjust ride height/rate for corner cross balance (sway-bars disconnected)
Pre-load sway bars (never done it) for compensating for track corners (more left than right or longer/more important for overtaking, etc...)

Changing the way the car handles as different from left to right is downright dangerous for the variable conditions found on public roads.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi DrFeelGood,
No, definitely NOT recommending any swaybar pre-load on a street car! Nor should sway bars be used to give pre-load or affect corner weighting.

Your comments are right on and good clarification. Corner weight balancing must be done with sway bars disconnected. Having adjustable end links makes it easier to reconnect the sway bars, especially in a light street car.

(Ahhh, corner weighting! There's a good way to make yourself and a good friend or two crazy for the better part of a day.)

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
691 Posts
Did you end up getting a measurement? I have a set of digital calipers somewhere. I could take the stock ones off and get a measurement if I get a chance later this week.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
I raised the wheel hub so that they were level to fit the stock endlinks, it worked for me so I think it could still work depending on how low your suspension set up is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts