Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered b4. Searched the archives w/no luck. Probably should have put this in a more specific category, but it wouldn't be any fun if us noobs didn't screw up, right?! :)

Most of the newer Ford's w/digital trip meter can display other functions (meant for diagnosis, but useful to users) if a certain procedure is followed. Some of the things that can be seen are: Voltage, oil pressure, fuel level, speed, tach, gauge test, light test, DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes); etc.

Since the Mazda6 has a digital trip meter and some ties to Ford, thought someone might know if it can display this type of info. Here's a link to a Mustang site that explains the Ford procedure.

Since our M6 hasn't been delivered yet, could someone try this out to see if it works on the 6? My guess is that you might lose your trip data, if it works or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reading Topic: Additional function of trip meter

Interesting stuff. I just tried it, and it lets you scroll through a lot of different options, but not the same as the ones listed for the Mustang. You would need a manual to know what the options are for.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks, Casper.

Now, that begs the question: Could someone look up the codes in a service manual?

·
Registered
980 Posts

Yeah, I would like to know this as well. Another thing, does the trip meter tell you how many miles you can travel with the amount of gas in the tank?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

My crown vic did that until the gas tank stopped reporting how full it was. The thing just said "full" all the time. You can't imagine how annoying that was. Then I was going down this really bumpy road and it started working again! I was like, "awesome!"

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I doubt if the M6 can do that, though. It would seem like a really useful feature, one that Mazda would have implimented had it been availible. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Additional function of trip meter'

Originally posted by chindo

Yeah, I would like to know this as well.  Another thing, does the trip meter tell you how many miles you can travel with the amount of gas in the tank?[/b]
I wonder if that's possible. When I was scrolling through the different options I came across one that said "50" which makes me wonder, since I AM riding near empty right now. I will check it after I refill (whenever I get up and get moving) and report back :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Do you mean the feature of kicking it to fix it? If so, yes I too doubt Mazda would implement such a useful feature...shame on you Mazda. :p

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Man, I wish I could kick people to fix them! Sometimes it works on guys, but never on the people you really want to fix! :D

·
Registered
980 Posts

LOL....how bout you "fix" that guy that is with the girl you like. :p
Anyways, back on topic. How many trip meters does the 6 have? I think it's two but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

LOL....how bout you "fix" that guy that is with the girl you like.  :p
Anyways, back on topic.  How many trip meters does the 6 have?  I think it's two but I am not sure.  Can anyone confirm this?[/b]
LOL, you have no idea how right you are. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts

Originally posted by Casper 6i

--------------------
'03 6s  
fully loaded/5sp manual/SP[/b]
Totally off topic, but Casper... shouldn't you change your name to "Casper 6s"? ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts

Originally posted by SDSilver6

--------------------
'03 6s  
Totally off topic, but Casper... shouldn't you change your name to "Casper 6s"? ;)[/b][/quote]

I probably should but this is my original name from when I had Casper the 6i. It took me this long to get to 120 measley posts; Im not about to start over now ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Additional function of trip meter'

Yup....already had my first oil change and closing in on 4k miles in fact :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Additional function of trip meter'

Damn, that was a quick 4k...but good decision on getting another one. :thumbup

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by SDSilver6

--------------------
'03 6s  
Totally off topic, but Casper... shouldn't you change your name to "Casper 6s"? ;)[/b][/quote]

I probably should but this is my original name from when I had Casper the 6i. It took me this long to get to 120 measley posts; Im not about to start over now ;) [/b][/quote]

Drop Guju a line...he should be able to change it for you...If you're nice :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts