Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a powered subwoofer to this car and was hoping that someone could help me with which wires I would need to tap into to get a signal for the powered subwoofer.

My understanding is that you should take a signal from before the bose amplifier. My question is which wires?!?!?

I have attached a picture of the Bose amp found under the front passenger seat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
779 Posts
In your case I think it's directly to the Bose amp .. do Bose cars still have the normal amp as well? if so, it goes right there (that's where I have it in my none-bose car)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it will go where the Bose amp is. I've used a PAC before and the connectors going into the Bose amp are not the same. I'll have the PAC here tomorrow and update the thread with pics as I do the install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is very easy to drop the glove box out of the way. Just open it, squeeze the sides to release it so it can drop down, lift off the arm on the right hand side and then lift it off and out of the way.

Look to the right towards the passenger side fender for a silver box with a white connector. It is a pain to release the connector, but with enough persistence and a little bit of pain it came unplugged.

Just follow the directions from PAC to attach the unit and you are finished with the install. The signal is clean and my powered sub has added some decent bottom end to the Bose system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
It is very easy to drop the glove box out of the way. Just open it, squeeze the sides to release it so it can drop down, lift off the arm on the right hand side and then lift it off and out of the way.

Look to the right towards the passenger side fender for a silver box with a white connector. It is a pain to release the connector, but with enough persistence and a little bit of pain it came unplugged.

Just follow the directions from PAC to attach the unit and you are finished with the install. The signal is clean and my powered sub has added some decent bottom end to the Bose system.
What sub did you end up with? Mounted where? The Amazon link says this PAC is non-Bose compatible....?
Wanna do something along these lines very soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What sub did you end up with? Mounted where? The Amazon link says this PAC is non-Bose compatible....?
Wanna do something along these lines very soon.
I'm waiting to see how your setup looks....
I had an old Kicker 10" BassStation that I installed in the trunk rear facing.

I wanted something quick and easy to add and take out because we leased the 6 and I will probably replace it with another one next summer. Took me about 2 hours to install after I figured everything out. I am thinking it will only take me 45 minutes to remove it to the next vehicle.

The PAC works just fine with the Bose system and sends a nice signal to the BassStation. The sub adds a little bit of bottom end that the Bose system is missing. Nothing great, but doesn't overpower the Bose system.

I do need to strap it down, but haven't found the time yet and the speaker hasn't moved from its location since I installed it.

Sorry daddyd302 not a whole bunch to see. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. How did you get power to the sub? Are you able to pull power from the PAC adapter or do you still have to run it from the fuse box or battery? Sorry if I missed this… Is there a turn on lead from PAC adapter?

·
Registered
779 Posts
There is a "turn on" lead that is mapped on all Mazda6 2016's on the PAC - so no rewiring required for that part.

The PAC is only a line converter - for a sub you still need to pull a wire from your Battery .. don't run on the fusebox and use a properly sized dedicated fuse for your sub.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had an old Kicker 10" BassStation that I installed in the trunk rear facing.

I wanted something quick and easy to add and take out because we leased the 6 and I will probably replace it with another one next summer. Took me about 2 hours to install after I figured everything out. I am thinking it will only take me 45 minutes to remove it to the next vehicle.

The PAC works just fine with the Bose system and sends a nice signal to the BassStation. The sub adds a little bit of bottom end that the Bose system is missing. Nothing great, but doesn't overpower the Bose system.

I do need to strap it down, but haven't found the time yet and the speaker hasn't moved from its location since I installed it.

Sorry daddyd302 not a whole bunch to see. Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for the picture. I did the same thing as you. I had a shop do it for $126. I already had an old sub and amp from 2008.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I connected mine from the back of the headunit and used the remote wire on the fuse panel and I get no power ?
Am I missing something?
2015 mazda 6 with bose
I read that the pac will work with the bose .

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I connected mine from the back of the headunit and used the remote wire on the fuse panel and I get no power ?
Am I missing something?
2015 mazda 6 with bose
I read that the pac will work with the bose .
You dont need a PAC. Since its a 2015 and the audio is always on, just hook the remote on to any switched source. Refer to this thread for where to tap off for a line level source for the RCAs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts