Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2015 Mazda 6 Touring model with the moonroof package. I read somewhere that it's possible to download the nav ISO and install it into your system manually. Is that true?

My infotainment system has the buttons and everything for the nav, so it seems like it could be hacked to be included into the system.

·
Registered
77 Posts
All M6's with the touch screen have the buttons, but you still beed the module. The car's are all already prewired and have the antenna already built in as far as I know. If the little door to the left of your steering wheel just to the right of your door is empty, you also need to get the Nav module. The generally run from 450.00-550.00 depending on where you get it. They're suppose to be pretty easy to install, but I had mine installed, generally works well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it suppose to be plug and play for installation from what I read. BTW, I have one for sale out of my mazda 6 2014 if anyone is interested. I installed a pioneer head unit with navigation in the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it suppose to be plug and play for installation from what I read. BTW, I have one for sale out of my mazda 6 2014 if anyone is interested. I installed a pioneer head unit with navigation in the car.
You have the navigation hardware or the whole head unit? I'm looking to add navi to my 6 sport i have the touchscreen, just the place where you insert the card is empty ( i store my quarters there lol)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but, do you still have these parts? How much would you want for it if you do?

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is an alternative now, and it's free:

https://github.com/flyandi/mazda-enhanced-compass
I am very interested in this. Has anyone tried it yet? I am going to browse the site a bit more.

EDIT: This would likely not work for a 2014-2015 Mazda6, as they run the older touchscreen stuff. The OP on mazda3revolution runs it on a gen3 Mazda3 (all have new system) and a 2016 Mazda6 (new system)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased a 16 touring end of february and just picked up the nav card yesterday. Super simple install. Insert card and it was done before I even backed out of my parking spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone still on this? In the 2014 Mazda 6 touring I know the sd card for the navigation goes into the area on the left side. But on the left side where the sd card should go there is a coin holder. Do I need to remove this to get to the slot for the card?

·
Super Moderator
17,965 Posts
Anyone still on this? In the 2014 Mazda 6 touring I know the sd card for the navigation goes into the area on the left side. But on the left side where the sd card should go there is a coin holder. Do I need to remove this to get to the slot for the card?
As far as I know, if you've got the coin holder then you've got to get a bunch of other stuff packaged to get the full nav. The nav originally only came with the Tech Package which also included front collision control, blind spot monitoring, fully keyless entry, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I see that you need to add the $550 option from Amazon. Not worth it can just use a phone mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts